• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was just looking at the highs.  I personally do not expect fall like temps, 60's and low 40's, until October.  Sept is a wind down month IMO

Exactly…it’s a transition month just like March. In March many people are thinking Spring, but snow is quite possible anytime during the month. Spring is never denied, but sometimes we need to wait a bit to get it. 
Fall weather will arrive at some point, but we just need to be patient.

• Like 2

So far there have been 24 days in Tamaqua at or above 90 degrees in 2022. I included all 90+ days, not just the ones occuring during met summer. I also did NOT count the days that were 89.5 to 89.9 degrees.

I know officially they count, but to me 89 is not 90. 90 is 90.

10 minutes ago, Voyager said:

So far there have been 24 days in Tamaqua at or above 90 degrees in 2022. I included all 90+ days, not just the ones occuring during met summer. I also did NOT count the days that were 89.5 to 89.9 degrees.

MDT loses quite a few if they count like you....probably 3-4, :-).  I know of two in the last few weeks. 

12 minutes ago, Voyager said:

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

MDT loses quite a few if they count like you....probably 3-4, :-).  I know of two in the last few weeks. 

I've had 33 days of 90 degree plus Temps this year - 3 of those were round up to get there days. 

7 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Whats your take on the flood watch?

I personally do not see major river flooding but if someone gets 3-5" (or more) there would definitely be some flooding on roads and maybe small creeks.  With this spread out over 24 hours it should really change everyone out of D1 drought conditions and most out of D0.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
  - Numerous showers and thunderstorms will develop through the
    day, and continue through the night. Some of these storms
    will move slowly and produce heavy downpours. Many areas will
    have multiple showers and thunderstorms today and tonight,
    leading to the possibility of flash flooding. Locations which
    received heavy rain on Sunday will be most at risk to have
    flooding occur.

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I personally do not see major river flooding but if someone gets 3-5" (or more) there would definitely be some flooding on roads and maybe small creeks.  With this spread out over 24 hours it should really change everyone out of D1 drought conditions and most out of D0.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
  - Numerous showers and thunderstorms will develop through the
    day, and continue through the night. Some of these storms
    will move slowly and produce heavy downpours. Many areas will
    have multiple showers and thunderstorms today and tonight,
    leading to the possibility of flash flooding. Locations which
    received heavy rain on Sunday will be most at risk to have
    flooding occur.

This is close to the setup of 2011 and several days later Lee came along drought to flood.

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

This is close to the setup of 2011 and several days later Lee came along drought to flood.

I was thinking that same thing. Tamaqua has yet to see a drop of rain, everything since last night has stayed mostly west of I-81, and Accuweather's future radar continues moving the rain shield northeast with areas east of 81 remaining dry for the next few hours.

Lee was infuriating for me as most locations along the Susquehanna, and west of 81, rode the rain train while we got side swiped.

27 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I was thinking that same thing. Tamaqua has yet to see a drop of rain, everything since last night has stayed mostly west of I-81, and Accuweather's future radar continues moving the rain shield northeast with areas east of 81 remaining dry for the next few hours.

Lee was infuriating for me as most locations along the Susquehanna, and west of 81, rode the rain train while we got side swiped.

I remember the thunderstorms on Labor Day night about 9pm we were in a drought those storms produced about 2 in. Of rain here in a very short time. Then a few days later Lee came and we had I think it was 15 in. Of rain.