Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

26 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I got .77” in camp hill.
Canderson is less than 4 miles from me but has about 65% of rain I have had on yearly. Eventually I feel this will correct in a big way. But at this point when it does he’s going to be directed boats from his roof.

. Pro

Eventually he will also get an accurate rain gauge as well…

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Everyone but Harrisburg got great rains today. (Per this forum) 

Not this guy.  It was uncanny what happened here yesterday.  That nasty line that popped up ahead of the main batch, for which @Superstorm provided a Radarscope image, well, that formed directly over my area and moved East but didn't see a drop from it, and then the main batch completely fizzled upon approach.  All told, it added up to .01" and that's rounding up ha.  We were at my dad's house in Mountville and were stunned to not even see a single drop over there.  Just a total screw job but them's the breaks sometimes.  Anyway, happy for those who made out.  A beautiful few days on tap. 

14 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Everyone but Harrisburg got great rains today. (Per this forum) 

We had .13 in my neighborhood according to the iweather radar, which is on par with what nearby Ambient stations are showing. Hopefully next time we’ll cash in. 

57 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Not this guy.  It was uncanny what happened here yesterday.  That nasty line that popped up ahead of the main batch, for which @Superstorm provided a Radarscope image, well, that formed directly over my area and moved East but didn't see a drop from it, and then the main batch completely fizzled upon approach.  All told, it added up to .01" and that's rounding up ha.  We were at my dad's house in Mountville and were stunned to not even see a single drop over there.  Just a total screw job but them's the breaks sometimes.  Anyway, happy for those who made out.  A beautiful few days on tap. 

Im tellin ya... I'm blaming @Voyagerand his precip shield also trying to relocate.  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I'd really like to know what went through Franklin county yesterday afternoon. As i mentioned yesterday, i had heard dispatch for a vehicle in the water, which was after the building collapse at Martins Potato roll company. Curious if that had anything to do with the weather?

We did not have nearly enough rain in SE Franklin to have flooding. 

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We did not have nearly enough rain in SE Franklin to have flooding. 

well, like i said i heard the dispatch for a vehicle stranded in the flood waters somewhere in the Chambersburg area. I also read reports of people who worked or live near the building collapse/construction site that said whatever blew through was fast and furious. 

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

well, like i said i heard the dispatch for a vehicle stranded in the flood waters somewhere in the Chambersburg area. I also read reports of people who worked or live near the building collapse/construction site that said whatever blew through was fast and furious. 

Yea, I was just letting you know I did not have any news to add despite being here in the county...not doubting what you heard.   There was just a 15 mile backup I passed on 81 (backup going south).  Central Hagerstown back toward Chambersburg. 

• Like 1

Nooners....72 and sunny.  Another BN day on tap.  Going to end up the month about 5BN using MDT's numbers with about 2/3 of that being driven by several nights in the 40's and low 50's.    This is my 4th summer back and this month will be ~7 below the coolest of the other 3 Augusts which were all much hotter.   Hit 90 just one day in Aug 2022 while we had 6 in Aug 2021.    Not far from a summer without summer though lots of 80's so not quite. 

Another scorching summer for central parts of the Keystone state. With one day left, Harrisburg is tied for 5th hottest summer (out of 135 years), Williamsport is in 9th place (out of 128 years), Altoona is in 12th place (out of 75 years), and Bradford is tied for 2nd place (out of 64 years). In all cases (except for Bradford, where this summer is tied with 2020 for second place), it is cooler than each of the last two summers.

Below are the numbers and placement. In brackets, I indicated what the ranking would have been prior to 2016. There have been several hot summers just in the past 7 years - with 2016, 2018, 2020, and 2021 showing up in the top ten at many sites, and 2019 also appearing at Harrisburg. This also marks the 5th consecutive summer with at least one of the following 4 sites observing a top ten warmest summer.

Harrisburg, PA (T-5th place) [Prior to 2016: T-2nd place]

image.png.8a11421790cee8e5e797ee122b4ff28f.png

Williamsport, PA (9th place) [Prior to 2016: 7th place]

image.png.27ebccddbb7adfca3797cbbddd740c2f.png

Bradford, PA (T-2nd place) [Prior to 2016: 1st place]

image.png.3cf11057768a42746e9d1ce21747ceb6.png

Altoona, PA (T-12th place) [Prior to 2016: T-8th place]

image.png.6a4c7ef3493fd8cc25a2a4cf0c5c5ab1.png