• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

My impression is That most major drought years are the result of major regional droughts compared to being the result of statistical anomaly. It seems this year kmdt drought is just that with areas all around getting demolished one time or another. Like with baseball, things tend to even out in most circumstances

. Pro

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

My impression is That most major drought years are the result of major regional droughts compared to being the result of statistical anomaly. It seems this year kmdt drought is just that with areas all around getting demolished one time or another. Like with baseball, things tend to even out in most circumstances

. Pro

It’s been dry here for more than a year. Winter had virtually no precip, last fall was very dry. Late summer was too.  

35 minutes ago, canderson said:

Got a trace with the first “round”. Current stuff all missing to the NW by a mile or 4. Hope the stuff way further  back doesn’t fall apart. 

backbuilding out west gives me hope that i wont be seeing dust twisters much longer.  saw several during my travels today.  

Parched.

1 hour ago, canderson said:

It’s been dry here for more than a year. Winter had virtually no precip, last fall was very dry. Late summer was too.  

Yeah but I think his point was more that it's localized.  I'm pretty much spot-on average for precip thus far this year, and last year finished a smidge above average.

• Like 1

Finally got clobbered with a hefty thunderstorm with winds up to 30mph and torrential rain which accumulated 1.10" !  But after tonight that's it for any shot at precip for the next 7 days.  Actually, it looks like an extended stretch of beautiful late-summer early-fall weather on tap to welcome in September.  High today was 89.4.  The thunderstorm worked it evaporative magic and dropped the temp pretty quickly 20 degrees, down to 69.3.