• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

Sorry for the off topic rant/question but I'm a bit disturbed this morning. 

Yesterday was my wife's family reunion, and of course everyone who didn't know the situation asked where I was. After telling them, the next question was "when is he coming back?"

No one asked her "when are you going out to join him?"

Why is it assumed that I have to come back? Doesn't anyone think that, with my mom's deteriorating health, that maybe I (and technically we) should be out here in Arizona to help her. Moving her back to PA at this point would possibly be a major stressor that I'm not sure she would survive, and dumping her in a nursing home and leaving is something I will not do.

I know my wife doesn't want to move out of state, but sometimes we have to do things we don't like. If the scenario were reversed, and it was her mom who needed the help, I would go wherever we needed to go to help out.

I know its a touchy subject, but im looking for outside thoughts.

What do you all think?

13 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Sorry for the off topic rant/question but I'm a bit disturbed this morning. 

Yesterday was my wife's family reunion, and of course everyone who didn't know the situation asked where I was. After telling them, the next question was "when is he coming back?"

No one asked her "when are you going out to join him?"

Why is it assumed that I have to come back? Doesn't anyone think that, with my mom's deteriorating health, that maybe I (and technically we) should be out here in Arizona to help her. Moving her back to PA at this point would possibly be a major stressor that I'm not sure she would survive, and dumping her in a nursing home and leaving is something I will not do.

I know my wife doesn't want to move out of state, but sometimes we have to do things we don't like. If the scenario were reversed, and it was her mom who needed the help, I would go wherever we needed to go to help out.

I know its a touchy subject, but im looking for outside thoughts.

What do you all think?

I don’t think that’s a “wrong” question. It’s natural to assume anyone who has to leave “home” for whatever reason (family, work, to be in a blizzard) will return when able. Don’t think it’s nefarious to think it, at least. 

If your wife is from that area I would be a bit surprised if her family would think she’d leave, honestly. People don’t like change. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Congrats to those getting rains today- just back from an afternoon along the river on a gorgeous Sunday afternoon. I was surprised to read the rain obs...no such weather here. Sun is still out. 81 degrees currently.

It was a cutoff that’d make winter blush. Getting us ready I guess. I’m calling a bit of a forecast bust. CTP has cut 1.5” max rain out of my grid within 4 hours. Not their fault the way that line came together and scampered NNE. 

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 7:30 PM, brentrich said:

Winter is coming soon and we do not want to hear any whining in this forum for people who have SAD. Simple solution - move south. Thanks! 

I am late to this but I did want to say that I completely disagree.

First of all, SAD is a weather related condition, this is a weather site, the connection is clear. Second, I am willing to read most anything people want to say, especially when it is something important to them. 

I put a lot of stock in friendliness and listening to other people and I think most everyone here feels the same. That is how I was brought up here in Williamsport. That is one of the reasons I like coming here.

Surprise overnight Little League news. This is the headline at the Daily Mail:

"Dad of Utah Little Leaguer Easton Oliverson, who fractured his skull in fall from bunk bed, is hopeful of a full recovery as he reveals he is 'grateful' his son is alive after being told he had 'zero percent chance to live"

We are having too much rain and drama up here in Williamsport after our two year break.  How did that family stand to wonder if and when their kid was going to die?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11133353/Dad-Little-Leaguer-Easton-Oliverson-fractured-skull-hopeful-recovery.html

• Like 1