• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

49 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

a customer said yesterday, "been a mild summer" :lmao: We are FAR from mild.  i lost count, but we're over 20 days of 90s or above. 

I went back a few years.  The last time we had an August with less than ten 90 degree days was 2019 when there was 9 (MDT at 8 right now this year).    If you go back to 2014 you can find an August with no 90 degree days and it correspondingly was BN by -2.6.  2013 was -2.8 and had no 90 degree days and the entire 2011-2014 stretch with BN was less 90 degree days than normal.  Lots of years with 5-10 90 degrees.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I feel like in an average summer MDT should hit 90 12-15 times in August.  4-5 degrees AN.  Counter acts the 70's and low 80's days. 

To follow up on this it looks like a lot of average summers had MDT hitting closer into the 5-10 range for Aug.   Here is a summer long chart.  This chart does not include Spring or fall days.   My quick count shows MDT at twenty one 90 degree days this summer so it seems likely 2022 will fall in behind each of the last 3 years. 

image.png.ca1ebe8dbf87fc6eb02b98837d228e35.png

image.png.9662e8047da16b36914e55027a5159cb.png

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Last year of the last one

It might not be the last change to standard time.  While the Senate voted unanimously to go permanently on Daylight Saving Time earlier this year, the House still has not approved it yet.  So, as of right now, this November may not be the final change to standard time.  I hope we keep switching back to standard time each fall, or possibly switch permanently to standard time all year long (my personal preference).

4 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

It might not be the last change to standard time.  While the Senate voted unanimously to go permanently on Daylight Saving Time earlier this year, the House still has not approved it yet.  So, as of right now, this November may not be the final change to standard time.  I hope we keep switching back to standard time each fall, or possibly switch permanently to standard time all year long (my personal preference).

Yea I am surprised it is still stalled but was assuming it goes eventually.  I for one have no issue with the swap and as I stated earlier this year, would not be looking forward to total darkness at 815am

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea I am surprised it is still stalled but was assuming it goes eventually.  I for one have no issue with the swap and as I stated earlier this year, would not be looking forward to total darkness at 815am

The way I see it is it gives everyone more time to do stuff in the evenings outside when it's warmer out or during warm days in late fall/winter. But I can see why some might not prefer it. Like imagine it's december and we get a really nice 70 degree day but the sun sets at 4 pm. But with this the sun would be setting an hour later thus giving you an hour extra of time in the peak of the warmth. That's just my take on it lol

2 hours ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

The way I see it is it gives everyone more time to do stuff in the evenings outside when it's warmer out or during warm days in late fall/winter. But I can see why some might not prefer it. Like imagine it's december and we get a really nice 70 degree day but the sun sets at 4 pm. But with this the sun would be setting an hour later thus giving you an hour extra of time in the peak of the warmth. That's just my take on it lol

I see it and certainly think that is not bad.  I am just not a fan of it being dark at 8:15Am both for my own likes and kids standing at school busses. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL, imagine if you had that power.  You would far outclass the carpeting installing weather prognosticators!   A windows wide open 55 this AM. 

54 this morning here, the last few nights after the sun went down it seemed to cool down quickly. The tile installers aren't too optimistic for showers on Saturday. 

27 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

54 this morning here, the last few nights after the sun went down it seemed to cool down quickly. The tile installers aren't too optimistic for showers on Saturday. 

Sat does not look too wet right now.  They should keep their eyes to the sky this evening though. Might get a surprise.  Let's hope the convoluted late week end/early week systems go in our favor.   From what I can tell, no model has MDT reaching 90 today.  Rgem and Euro are the closest non Meso but I think they extrapolate out to 88.   HRRR has 89.

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think it's going to be a close call for the usual heat spots on whether we hit 90 today - my confidence level is only slightly more than 50/50 - if I was forecasting for my specific area, I think I'd go with something like 87-92 for the high. 

Pillow? I'll go with 92-97. 

That is the first and last thing they teach in public met school.  Range, range, range.  LOL.   4-8" snow?  Not enough.  Go 4-10!