• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Plus would be getting something into a workable range. Sunday is just 4 days away instead of nearly a week out like I posted.

I just like seeing the ULL still there.  It would be a wet/moist cool period. Some areas of the LSV stay below 70 Mon-part of Thur.   All just model discussion and not a forecast. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

He sure was. Abrams, Bastardi, Sobel...pretty good roster right there. 

But my favorite met on Weather World, and one of my top #2 all-time was Paul Knight. 

You forgot Fred Gadomski.  He and Knight were the longest 2 running mets on the show.  

The next gen has largely taken over (cept for the not hard to look at Marisa Ferger and Jon Nese -one of my favs) comes in from time to time.  Still like watching it in the cold months. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:
Monday Clouds & Sun Chc. of Showers 40% low 80s 3
Tuesday Partly Sunny Chc. of Showers 30% low 80s 3

The 3 on the far right indicates his level of confidence, which in this case would be average confidence for this time period. 

The EC is a little more progressive than the GFS and CMC but it has backed to their solutions albeit it with timing differences.  A wet and below normal period modeled. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

You forgot Fred Gadomski.  He and Knight were the longest 2 running mets on the show.  

The next gen has largely taken over (cept for the not hard to look at Marisa Ferger and Jon Nese -one of my favs) comes in from time to time.  Still like watching it in the cold months. 

Paul and Fred were great watched them every night!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

I didn't have time to list everyone...Jon Nese. I think I read that Jon and Horst were fellow students together at University Park in the met program during the 1980s. Eric would often retweet Jon's thoughts. 

58 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Plus with the internet and boards like this, weather information is just a click away.

Very true.  Although I do feel like I kind of watched that show more for little nuggets, tidbits, fun facts, and whatnot.......more so than straight forecasts.  But your point is well taken.