• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

we got a 15 min gully washer at home, but nothing more than sprinkles coming due east from Etown.  Like I said earlier, it look pretty dry for the foreseeable future, so I hope many get some today, but still looks about as paltry as Thurs did on nooner meso's.

15 hours ago, canderson said:

Might be dry in Summerdale tho, microscopic cell ... 

And it was. The rain we were getting in Harrisburg where it was dumping, nary a drop in the village. I honestly couldn't believe it really. What are we talking, a mile or less the way the crow flies? I did end up getting 10 minutes or so from the batch later afternoon. 

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Ended up with .13 for the day - less than most around. I’ll stil take it.  

I matched ya with .13".  Low of 72.  Looks like another decent chance for storms today, albeit later in the evening and likely focused towards the southern parts of the valley.  Thursday looks like a nice transition day, setting up an absolutely perfect weekend of weather.  Get it in fellas.

59 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

And it was. The rain we were getting in Harrisburg where it was dumping, nary a drop in the village. I honestly couldn't believe it really. What are we talking, a mile or less the way the crow flies? I did end up getting 10 minutes or so from the batch later afternoon. 

Feared that was the case by the radar look. And I got nothing from that 2nd cell - blizz crushed us both there! 

• Like 1

MDT saw a +10.3 avg. temp departure yesterday, now running a robust +5.3 for the month.  That looks to level out a good bit in the coming weeks but August still very likely to end solidly on the warm side.  YTD MDT is +.8 degree departure.  As for rain, .51" for MDT yesterday and they are almost spot-on avg. for the year.

National high of 114 at Death Valley and low of 31 at Peter Sinks, UT and Choteau, MT.

42 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I matched ya with .13".  Low of 72.  Looks like another decent chance for storms today, albeit later in the evening and likely focused towards the southern parts of the valley.  Thursday looks like a nice transition day, setting up an absolutely perfect weekend of weather.  Get it in fellas.

Matched you this morning with a low of 72. 7 degrees lower than yesterday.

My high-tech comfort level meter (fogging of my lenses) still indicted a fair amount of said fogging this morning, but I honestly thought it felt a little better out there.

Maybe I woke up with a better disposition than yesterday. :) 

• Haha 1

Random comment - the Baltimore Orioles, who were ranked #30 in ESPN's preseason rankings (author ranked them 30 because, as he said, there wasn't a way to rank them lower) are now sitting 2 games out of 2nd place in the vaunted AL East.

This is crazy. I'm patiently waiting for my team to collapse and they refuse to do so.

Maybe this post will be the Sports Illustrated jinx. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Random comment - the Baltimore Orioles, who were ranked #30 in ESPN's preseason rankings (author ranked them 30 because, as he said, there wasn't a way to rank them lower) are now sitting 2 games out of 2nd place in the vaunted AL East.

This is crazy. I'm patiently waiting for my team to collapse and they refuse to do so.

Maybe this post will be the Sports Illustrated jinx. 

Awesome for the O's I am happy for them 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, paweather said:

Awesome for the O's I am happy for them 

37-22 since June 1st, and they have a winning record against every AL East team except for the Bombers.

As much as I've grown to despise aspects of my favorite childhood sport, this is the magic of baseball. NO ONE saw this coming.

Last sports team to make a historic run that was unexpected might have been the Jaguars when they took the Patriots to the brink in the AFC Championship several years ago. But that Jags team had an incredible defense surrounding a horrid QB. It sort of made sense that they made a run...after all, the Ravens won a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at QB. 

You look at the Orioles lineup today and you think "god, this team has to really suck."

They just keep finding ways to pull wins out of their fannies. 

• Like 2