• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

Final day on the road today. Here in Grants NM it's currently 61 degrees. 

I can't wait to get down to Phoenix and see my mom. It's been three years since I last saw her. I stayed away during the worst of the pandemic, not to mention recovery from my shoulder surgery and the financial blow that created.

Now, she needs my help since her caregiver abandoned her. As for how long I stay out, I don't know. It all depends on her condition. I won't leave her alone, and there's no way I put her in a nursing home, and come back to PA and abandon her. 

If she's bad, decisions need to be made. Moving her back to PA may be too much for her to handle in her deteriorating condition. If that's the case, then I stay, and my wife has to decide whether she wants to join me in AZ or stay in PA.

Either way, my mom will not be abandoned again.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I can't wait to get down to Phoenix and see my mom. It's been three years since I last saw her. I stayed away during the worst of the pandemic, not to mention recovery from my shoulder surgery and the financial blow that created.

Now, she needs my help since her caregiver abandoned her. As for how long I stay out, I don't know. It all depends on her condition. I won't leave her alone, and there's no way I put her in a nursing home, and come back to PA and abandon her. 

If she's bad, decisions need to be made. Moving her back to PA may be too much for her to handle in her deteriorating condition. If that's the case, then I stay, and my wife has to decide whether she wants to join me in AZ or stay in PA.

Good luck I hope all goes well for you and your mom.

54 minutes ago, Voyager said:

You’re a good son! 

16 hours ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Wgal had Gettysburg at 100 today.   Atop a 2 story building in the square.   

probably had a black rubber roof....but hey....whatever it takes...

full discloser car thermo between Etown and NE lanco saw 97-99.  Not that 1 degree more means that much in the overall scheme of things, but I actually though the humidity was not too oppressive.  By 6:30 pm it was 84 on way to a meeting in Denver Pa.  Clouds and storms bouncing around likely helped. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

You’re a good son! 

Thanks! As long as I felt she had adequate care, I stayed in PA. Now that that's gone, I have and want to help her. She needs family now, not a neighbor/caregiver. 

2 hours ago, paweather said:

Good luck I hope all goes well for you and your mom.

Thanks!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

82 on car themo in downtown etown.

saw enough blue sky that i better start saving up for my beer bet w/ Canderson.  I'm sure he drinks that swanky stuff. :P

We were in Etown briefly Sunday - might be the first time we had been (had to drop off a weedeater at a friend’s house). There is some shop called Trolleys and More or whatever and we stopped because trains and trolleys are fun. IT WAS A LIE! It was those dumb “home is where the heart is” signs as far as the eye could see and nary transit items. I was flummoxed.  

And I’m absolutely a beer snob lol (I’m a snob with most everything to be fair haha)

Just now, canderson said:

We were in Etown briefly Sunday - might be the first time we had been (had to drop off a weedeater at a friend’s house). There is some shop called Trolleys and More or whatever and we stopped because trains and trolleys are fun. IT WAS A LIE! It was those dumb “home is where the heart is” signs as far as the eye could see and nary transit items. I was flummoxed.  

#itwasnttrainingtime

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

And I’m absolutely a beer snob lol (I’m a snob with most everything to be fair haha)

LOL.  I only work here....don't blame me.  Not my favorite town by any stretch.....

You drink your swanky stuff....leave the MHL and ML to Sauss and I.  :)  Joking aside, my beer pallet was expanding nicely over the years, but Miller is my go to now as its sugar free.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

LOL.  I only work here....don't blame me.  Not my favorite town by any stretch.....

You drink your swanky stuff....leave the MHL and ML to Sauss and I.  :)  Joking aside, my beer pallet was expanding nicely over the years, but Miller is my go to now as its sugar free.  

I approve this message :drunk:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

Whiskey and light beer, that's my game and I don't care who knows it!

• Like 2