• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

23 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Why does it seem its been warmer some time in the middle and northern part of the state? Williamsport had official high of 92 yesterday while harrisburg could only muster a 90 for the high. Like I been saying I have a micro climate here in the summer...but not in the winter. Everyone questions my my thermometer readings but I think they are accurate. Also the micro climate issue example: I planted sweet corn on May 21 the packet said 80 days till mature. which would bring it being ready on August 10. Well the corn was ready on The August 1st. We have had 2 meals of corn so far.

Interesting question. It seems my (our) afternoon highs are higher than some of our friends to the south. My overnight lows run cooler, though. I just looked and it's 63 in Tamaqua.

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Interesting question. It seems my (our) afternoon highs are higher than some of our friends to the south. My overnight lows run cooler, though. I just looked and it's 63 in Tamaqua.

yes our lows generally run cooler my low was 66 also look at model inputs on the 2 meter temps it usually has Williamsport running about 2 degrees warmer during the day versus Harrisburg.

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am going for several 100's showing on Wundermap.  Not sure if MDT makes it.  CXY? 

could be. And i normally identify more with them then MDT, its closer. 

A friend of mine text me a bit a go, wants to bet a beer on high temp, he said 101, I'll take his bet and beer

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

could be. And i normally identify more with them then MDT, its closer. 

A friend of mine text me a bit a go, wants to bet a beer on high temp, he said 101, I'll take his bet and beer

We are all on a first moniker basis here.  You do not need to call Canderson "friend" to hide who it was.  :-)   

• Haha 2

Why is there no heat advisory issued??  Today is easily going to be worse than last week's 3-days in the mid nineties.   At 10:00am I'm up to 86 with a dew point of 75 and a heat index of 94.  All we need is a heat index of 100-105 for 3 hours.  Maybe they think the dew points will drop back into the 60's this afternoon as the hottest temperatures begin? 

21 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Why is there no heat advisory issued??  Today is easily going to be worse than last week's 3-days in the mid nineties.   At 10:00am I'm up to 86 with a dew point of 75 and a heat index of 94.  All we need is a heat index of 100-105 for 3 hours.  Maybe they think the dew points will drop back into the 60's this afternoon as the hottest temperatures begin? 

i know they were calling for rain between 3-5. Maybe they're thinking the showers will keep temps down during the normal hottest part of the day? that's my guess anyhow

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarlislePaWx said:

There is one for Adams and parts of Lancaster and York. They don't think we see 100 values for 2 consecutive values (the necessary criteria, apparently).

It's absolutely miserable. 85/71 at 11 a.m.

3 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 69 here. To me, the big story the next five days or so is the unrelenting humidity.  Just brutal.  But as is often the case with such an airmass in place, we should see near-daily chances for storm activity, albeit mostly of the sporadic nature.

Next 5 days will be the most humid stretch we've had this year.

Now that we are officially in the humidity soup for awhile, what's the highest dewpoints y'all have ever recorded?  A Philadelphia site says their highest was 82 in 1995 while a site named Cumberland Valley Weather says their highest was 85 in 2016.  

21 minutes ago, Festus said:

Now that we are officially in the humidity soup for awhile, what's the highest dewpoints y'all have ever recorded?  A Philadelphia site says their highest was 82 in 1995 while a site named Cumberland Valley Weather says their highest was 85 in 2016.  

I'm not sure but I know I've been around 80 before.  That's usually about the upper limit for these parts.

I'm currently sitting at 91/74 here in the lowlands of West Hempfield Township.  Yuck.

Edit:  I did find a note I made from August 13, 2016 saying I hit a temp of 98 with a dewpoint of 80 on my home station, for a heat index of 119 haha.