• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It actually looks quite rainy Thursday on.  Verbatim the GFS has significant chances of rain every day for a week including a stalled front scenario.  It has rained in the LSV every day going back to mid LAST week but the coming rains looks a tad more on the coverage side.  Today may be the only dry day for the LSV between runs of 5 plus days of rain on each side. 

I hope we get some for the whole state. Some crops though are beyond saving for the farmers.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

It actually looks quite rainy Thursday on.  Verbatim the GFS has significant chances of rain every day for a week including a stalled front scenario.  It has rained in the LSV every day going back to mid LAST week but the coming rains looks a tad more on the coverage side.  Today may be the only dry day for the LSV between runs of 5 plus days of rain on each side. 

Heading to Latrobe Saturday to see the real Pennsylvania team, hush with that rain chatter. Please and thank you

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

These maps have their deficiencies in the summer since so much rain is cell based...July map then all of summer map below it. 

image.png.b7006f0f626141d8c10b525462819001.png

image.png.a771de8fb8e64243bab3e8f57b59f6a0.png

Discrepancies is right for July. I live in Dauphin County, but where I live I can throw a stone into Northumberland county. And the July's precip matches close to what I had here.

14 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Discrepancies is right for July. I live in Dauphin County, but where I live I can throw a stone into Northumberland county. And the July's precip matches close to what I had here.

Not sure if they triangulate those totals or pick a specific spot.   It is good for overall discussion but not Pillow specific.   How often do you throw stones at Northumberlandians? 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not sure if they triangulate those totals or pick a specific spot.   It is good for overall discussion but not Pillow specific.   How often do you throw stones at Northumberlandians? 

I could every day during the growing season as I'm down there everyday at the garden which is by the creek that separates the the two counties 

8 hours ago, Voyager said:

High was 93 in Tamaqua as well. Here in Oklahoma, it was 103 when I parked at the motel.

Why does it seem its been warmer some time in the middle and northern part of the state? Williamsport had official high of 92 yesterday while harrisburg could only muster a 90 for the high. Like I been saying I have a micro climate here in the summer...but not in the winter. Everyone questions my my thermometer readings but I think they are accurate. Also the micro climate issue example: I planted sweet corn on May 21 the packet said 80 days till mature. which would bring it being ready on August 10. Well the corn was ready on The August 1st. We have had 2 meals of corn so far.