• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

Had .41 for the event for the month of July 1.60. August so far .07. Last July I had close to 10" of rain from thunderstorms when my son had a contractor with a dozer excavating a hill moving dirt around. What a mess it was with thunderstorm after thunderstorm that many dumped an inch or 2 inch in less then an hour. What a difference a year makes.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

That's what summer is all about!!!

It is and I will enjoy it while it lasts. Come later in September, October the north wind will be blowing signaling the change to less sun, colder temps and the dreaded season where the wind will be gusting past 40mph and I am getting depressed thinking about it already.

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

It is and I will enjoy it while it lasts. Come later in September, October the north wind will be blowing signaling the change to less sun, colder temps and the dreaded season where the wind will be gusting past 40mph and I am getting depressed thinking about it already.

At least you won't be hot!

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Was the carnival/fair a success?  

I presume it was as they have already giving next years dates 

· 
And folks 2022 Pillow Carnival is a wrap!! Thank you for your continued support, we truly appreciate it!! See you next year, July 25-29, 2023, mark your calendars!!

May be an image of outdoors

· 
We would like to express our sincere appreciation to everyone who came out to support our Carnival this year. Special acknowledgments to our entertainment sponsors. And, kudos to the many community and business volunteers and to our very own fire company membership for the work and time that was provided. We couldn’t have our Carnival without any of you!!!
The weather cooperated and we had a great week thanks to your support.
Winners of the 2022 carnival chance tickets -
1st - Shirley Strohecker
2nd - Jean Deppen
3rd - Tom Kane
4th - Melissa Gotshall
5th - Candy Stone
Congratulations to the winners.
Thanks again for your continued support of the Pillow Fire Company, and we hope to see you at future events and next year’s carnival!
Photo is property of Seth Lasko Photography
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

If we could have our summer and Phoenix's winters, this place would be paradise!

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I got a nice drenching last night, to the tune of .97".  My total for July is 4.09".  I'm running almost spot-on average for the year.

Looks like MDT ended July with 3.33" of rain and 1.6 degrees above normal, tying 1921 as tenth warmest ever.  Also, someone had brought this up earlier, but we ended up tying for the fourth highest average low July temp at 70.1.

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  I got a nice drenching last night, to the tune of .97".  My total for July is 4.09".  I'm running almost spot-on average for the year.

Looks like MDT ended July with 3.33" of rain and 1.6 degrees above normal, tying 1921 as tenth warmest ever.  Also, someone had brought this up earlier, but we ended up tying for the fourth highest average low July temp at 70.1.

Hoping this was a corn saver for the farmers in the LSV.  I'm guessing northern folks likely still in trouble.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Superstorm said:

I noticed the AM AFD dealt with this change calling the weekend a break. 

Despite strong ridging over the central US and Atlantic into
Friday, model guidance continues to point toward a weakness in
the upper pattern in the vicinity of Pennsylvania. This will
allow a front to pass through the Commonwealth, dropping
temperatures and bringing some showers and storms later in the work
week. The boundary will likely stall out near southern PA Friday
into Saturday, keeping rain/storm chances through the weekend.
Despite the unsettled weather, it will be a nice break from what
could have been a stretch of oppressive heat and humidity.

Some more fun facts:  The highest temp we reached in July both this year and last year was 96.  We have only hit 100 degrees on one single day in July in the last ten years, that being July 19, 2020.  We have only hit it once in the last 20 years in August, only three times ever and not since 1966 in June, only one time in history in September (1953), and never in May.  I think generally, all of us are a bit guilty at times of underplaying just how rare it is to hit 100 around these parts.  Please note this is all in the context of official Harrisburg-Middletown area records. 

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Some more fun facts:  The highest temp we reached in July both this year and last year was 96.  We have only hit 100 degrees on one single day in July in the last ten years, that being July 19, 2020.  We have only hit it once in the last 20 years in August, only three times ever and not since 1966 in June, only one time in history in September (1953), and never in May.  I think generally, all of us are a bit guilty at times of underplaying just how rare it is to his 100 around these parts.  Please note this is all in the context of official Harrisburg-Middletown area records. 

I remember June of 1966.  I was anxiously waiting for the end of first grade.  Of course there was no air conditioning.  My teacher just turned off the lights and had us all lay our heads down on our desks.  Really brutal heat for a good chunk of that summer.  (This is in northern NJ but I'm sure it was the same out here too.)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, paweather said:

I'm with you Nut! 

I havent been to the cabin since Firecracker weekend, but from the little I've been following, the deficit seems to be getting ugly up in northern locals.  Hoping something changes that soon.  

• Like 2