Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Yahoo News has USA Today stories sans paywall, so here is a free version 

https://news.yahoo.com/created-scorching-heat-islands-east-085522528.html

Thanks.  Interesting study of the HIA affect as well as how even the low end heat waves cost people lives or the feeling of safety.  Temps in the 100's are more deadly than most hurricanes.  

Pleasantly surprised to see .27" in the gauge this morning.  Judging from some WU reports around me, it was the result of a couple of very brief (<5 mins) but heavy bursts around the 11/12 o'clock hours.  Surprised I didn't hear any of it but I was out hard last night ha.  Looks like we have a couple of nasty sticky days ahead with additional isolated storm chances, before things turn gorgeous for the weekend.  Onward.

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS still backing down from the Heat Wave of the Century.  Temps at MDT do not break 70 Starting the AM of Sunday Aug 7th until the afternoon of Tuesday the 9th.  ULL in place of what was a heat dome just a couple days ago.  A couple hot days before that. 

That's great news if it verifies. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS still backing down from the Heat Wave of the Century.  Temps at MDT do not break 70 Starting the AM of Sunday Aug 7th until the afternoon of Tuesday the 9th.  ULL in place of what was a heat dome just a couple days ago.  A couple hot days before that. 

as much as i enjoy summer heat, the pool and frosty adult bevies, my AC needs a break. So, i'd be OK with this for a brief period

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

as much as i enjoy summer heat, the pool and frosty adult bevies, my AC needs a break. So, i'd be OK with this for a brief period

The GFS is basically just 5-6 days near or above 90 (out of 15).  Mostly normal or below.    Two of the 90 and above days are really hot/near or over 100. 

• Like 1