• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

Up to 89.4 in the backyard at 11am. Still 0.7 higher than yesterday at the same time. So far, the past few days, I've been topping my NWS forecast highs by 3-5 degrees. I'm wondering if I get a 95 today, and with that in mind, I'm also wondering if I'll flirt with 100 on Sunday even up in the cooler air of the coal region.

35 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Up to 89.4 in the backyard at 11am. Still 0.7 higher than yesterday at the same time. So far, the past few days, I've been topping my NWS forecast highs by 3-5 degrees. I'm wondering if I get a 95 today, and with that in mind, I'm also wondering if I'll flirt with 100 on Sunday even up in the cooler air of the coal region.

I think the local guy's call of a 40% chance of 100 on Sunday is looking better and better. I'd bump that up to 50/50 at this point at least. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

@canderson, good call with MDT going 3 and 5 days 90 and above  I said not but misjudged Tuesday thinking it would not make it (it was close)  and figured one other day would be cloudier than forecast but think you get that one right now.  Still not going with you on two weeks though :-) 

I think we miss 90 Tuesday and Wednesday (and maybe Monday) but think we get another heatwave going into next weekend.  

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

I think we miss 90 Tuesday and Wednesday (and maybe Monday) but think we get another heatwave going into next weekend.  

Yea, first week of August looks it is prime for a real heat wave (though GFS dropped it today)    Next week looks like at least partly a breather.  I was just outside with a pet and in the shade it is really not bad here.  LOL very breezy and  87.

@Cashtown_Coop, still seems unlikely but its no longer an impossible long shot...that we do not hit 90 one time from this hot stretch.  Today is looking questionable now.  It is not budging here at 87.   And with the potential of clouds or rain Sunday, if we could sneak out tomorrow we are in play.  Still doubt it but I thought we would crack 90 on Wed so... just getting this far is pretty crazy. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

@Cashtown_Coop, still seems unlikely but its no longer an impossible long shot...that we do not hit 90 one time from this hot stretch.  Today is looking questionable now.  It is not budging here at 87.   And with the potential of clouds or rain Sunday, if we could sneak out tomorrow we are in play.  Still doubt it but I thought we would crack 90 on Wed so... just getting this far is pretty crazy. 

It's all that rain you were quietly getting over the past several weeks. :) 

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

That seems very possible - any "cooldown" will probably last just a couple of days at most.

Should be a fun week for me at Pinchot starting next Friday. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Up to 88 at 2:00.   Gonna be close today 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We have been luckier this year than the last 2-3.  But it is D word time again now.  If we get no rain this weekend I am stamping an informal and unofficial D0 on us :-) 

Elliott on our prospects of 100 degree temps on Sunday, plus the potential for heat longevity that hasn't happened in Lanco for "decades" - interesting read:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Elliott on our prospects of 100 degree temps on Sunday, plus the potential for heat longevity that hasn't happened in Lanco for "decades" - interesting read:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

I was on board with a real heat wave in early August as well but was quite surprised to see the GFS dump a broad but deep trough over us to start off August.  Big changes so reserving opinion for a bit now.   It went from a zonal/hot flow to not quite quickly.