• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Since 2010 only one Sept has been  hotter than it's preceding June...2012.   In 2021 June was almost 6 degrees higher than Sept of that year. 

Can you do the first half of Sept and the first half of June to compare? I have a feeling that's why I tend to think September is warmer now ... but it might just be expectations. 

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Can you do the first half of Sept and the first half of June to compare? I have a feeling that's why I tend to think September is warmer now ... but it might just be expectations. 

That would take a little more time that I have right now but I would expect they would average out quite close.  The first half of the first month of summer and the first half of the first month of fall (Met).  Stepping into the heat on one side, and stepping out on the other.  This graphic gives a good compare.   The all time highs for first half of June are comparable to Sept for MDT.  Most/more than half of the Sept records are before we lived. What really stands out is that the highest temps during those times were 102 in Sept 1953.

image.png.b05237fab0437c4a455ce7cb2a5552d4.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

PS, to me the truly hot days feature warmer locations in the 90's mid morning.   RE: MDT is hovering around 90 right now.  If they were headed for 100 I would think they would need to be 93-95 now. 

For sure - that's one reason why I felt we'd cap in the low to perhaps mid 90s at best today. 

We have a couple of days coming imminently that seem to have much more potential for temps flirting with the century mark. 

3 hours ago, canderson said:

Personally I've noticed I've had to keep my ac in multiple times into October and even halfway through October more recently. Before the 2010's I always took them out in early-mid September. Just the past few years alone there were extended stretches of days with lows in the high 60s/low 70s in October which is kinda crazy lol

20 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Is 87 your high for the day? 

Yep, down to 86 now. More sun than clouds but breezy and DP in the mid 60's so a no harm/no foul type of day.

Meso's showing some rain for a few lucky winners tomorrow.   3K shows a full on squall line and temps dropping into the 70's mid afternoon. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, down to 86 now. More sun than clouds but breezy and DP in the mid 60's so a no harm/no foul type of day.

Meso's showing some rain for a few lucky winners tomorrow.   3K shows a full on squall line and temps dropping into the 70's mid afternoon. 

I made it to 95 - cooled off to 93 now. LOL