• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned but heat advisory for east of the river.

Heat Advisory

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
319 PM EDT Wed Jul 20 2022

PAZ057-059-065-066-211230-
/O.NEW.KCTP.HT.Y.0001.220721T1500Z-220722T0000Z/
Dauphin-Lebanon-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Harrisburg, Hershey, Lebanon, York,
and Lancaster
319 PM EDT Wed Jul 20 2022

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 8 PM EDT THURSDAY...

* WHAT...Heat index values in excess of 100 degrees expected.

* WHERE...Dauphin, Lebanon, York and Lancaster Counties.

* WHEN...From 11 AM to 8 PM EDT Thursday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
  illnesses to occur.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Excessive Heat can be life-threatening
  among at-risk populations, such as children, the elderly, and
  those with pre-existing health conditions.

94 high yesterday, overnight low 76 

12 hours ago, Superstorm said:

I don’t think we will hit 100F, but I think BWI, PHL, EWR (did it today) and BDL will make it.

I’m going to the Poconos for the race this weekend. Even there it is going to be a scorcher.

Friends ask me last weekend if i wanted to go to Baltimore this Sunday for the game. Glad i declined :blink:

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

69 this AM but already up to 75. MDT bottomed at 79 it appears.  GFS continues to advertise real heatwave potential the first week of August. Shelters open, etc...

Jb said yesterday: 

here comes the mid and late summer heat in the northeast. Endless summer liable to last into October. the last 45 days have not been all that warm 

the next 45 will more than make up for it

this kind of warm water will not be denied

Screen_Shot_2022_07_20_at_9_14_26_AM.png

btw check out Superior

43 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Jb said yesterday: 

here comes the mid and late summer heat in the northeast. Endless summer liable to last into October. the last 45 days have not been all that warm 

Screen_Shot_2022_07_20_at_9_14_26_AM.png

btw check out Superior

Summer into October is par for the course here...unfortunately.  Low to mid 90's in July is just SLIGHLTY above normal....no different than it staying around 81 BN Wise for a high. But 100's is gross.   MDT was only AN by 9 degrees COMBINED the last two days.  3 one day and 6 the other. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Summer into October is par for the course here...unfortunately.  Low to mid 90's in July is just SLIGHLTY above normal....no different than it staying around 81 BN Wise for a high. But 100's is gross.   MDT was only AN by 9 degrees COMBINED the last two days.  3 one day and 6 the other. 

With MDT reporting a low of 79 this morning, they have a running start on a well AN day today. 

6 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

With MDT reporting a low of 79 this morning, they have a running start on a well AN day today. 

Yea, they are definitely breaking 87.    I guess to me anything that is 7-8 degrees AN (or less) in the summer is just a hot day.  I used to relish playing outside in the 90's as a kid. Getting to 93 or 94 today is nothing like cracking 60 or 70 in February IMO (except for people working outside or with no AC) as it pertains to weather abnormalities. 

78 here so far.  Can Cashtown and I get our first 90 in months? 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, they are definitely breaking 87.    I guess to me anything that is 7-8 degrees AN (or less) in the summer is just a hot day.  I used to relish playing outside in the 90's as a kid. Getting to 93 or 94 today is nothing like cracking 70 in February IMO (except for people working outside). 

Had 89 yesterday.   Already running 4 degrees warmer from this time yesterday.   Nice thing is I’m home for the day.  Have the crew working 12a to 8a shifts.    

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, they are definitely breaking 87.    I guess to me anything that is 7-8 degrees AN (or less) in the summer is just a hot day.  I used to relish playing outside in the 90's as a kid. 

I'm not sold on the 2 of you getting there today - you might need to wait another day. Satellite imagery suggests that you'll be fighting clouds and the passage of the front shortly:

thumbnail.jpg

Here east of the river, we're already warmer and we'll have more time to bake, so 90 should be a lock here. 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, they are definitely breaking 87.    I guess to me anything that is 7-8 degrees AN (or less) in the summer is just a hot day.  I used to relish playing outside in the 90's as a kid. 

I think the sun was actually a little less intense back then. Lots of haze created a "milky" sky on hot, humid days. Spent many summer days outdoors admiring the sky. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think the sun was actually a little less intense back then. Lots of haze created a "milky" sky on hot, humid days. Spent many summer days outdoors admiring the sky. 

Yea, I totally agree that either the sun is more intense or we are more subject to feeling it.  Another observation, my first two summers back it really was not that much different summer temps wise over here vs the central LSV.  Something has adjusted a bit the last two summers. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, I totally agree that either the sun is more intense or we are more subject to feeling it.  Another observation, my first two summers back it really was not that much different summer temps wise over here vs the central LSV.  Something has adjusted a bit the last two summers. 

Yes...and I have no idea what the reason is. Many days I'm running 5-8 degrees higher than you. 

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Jb said yesterday: 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Say it ain’t so.. The loss of traditional fall has been my biggest grievance with the new normal by far. Haven’t had a BN September since 2013 or October since 2015 here.. and that’s using the toasty 1991-2020 avgs.   Sweating bullets while tailgating in the heart of the BIG10 schedule aggravates me to no end.  This isn't SEC country. Another +6 October will probably expedite my migration northward.  I can’t grow a beard worth s**t, but think I could adapt to the mountain-man hermit lifestyle pretty easily otherwise.      

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jonesy56 said:

Say it ain’t so.. The loss of traditional fall has been my biggest grievance with the new normal by far. Haven’t had a BN September since 2013 or October since 2015 here.. and that’s using the toasty 1991-2020 avgs.   Sweating bullets while tailgating in the heart of the BIG10 schedule aggravates me to no end.  This isn't SEC country. Another +6 October will probably expedite my migration northward.  I can’t grow a beard worth s**t, but think I could adapt to the mountain-man hermit lifestyle pretty easily otherwise.      

How far north do you want to go? 

I'm with you 100% by the way. My wife and I have 2 warm trips looming over the coming months (Bermuda next month and Sanibel Island FL in the fall) and from then on, we're looking at trips to Maine, Montana, and the northern Sierra. I'm going with an open mind...

18 minutes ago, Jonesy56 said:

My comment was just historical.  No reliable modeling to add to real thoughts  :-)