• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

84 at 11:15. 

Temperature rise has not been overly impressive. Only 6 degrees from the 90 mark but not feeling super confident that I'll get there. If I do, I'll probably eek out a 90 barely. 

Just walked across campus here at work and the dews are definitely down some. In the shade of the office building out front it felt downright pleasant. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

84 at 11:15. 

Temperature rise has not been overly impressive. Only 6 degrees from the 90 mark but not feeling super confident that I'll get there. If I do, I'll probably eek out a 90 barely. 

Just walked across campus here at work and the dews are definitely down some. In the shade of the office building out front it felt downright pleasant. 

Yea, day one of our real heat is not today.  Probably tomorrow it appears. 

38 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Up to this point, it is been a normal or BN summer outside the HIA as to the LSV and areas next to it.   The low or mid 90's the next few days are just 3-8 degrees AN so regular fare IMO.

Yeah...I think at least here in Maytown we'll run at least the next 6 days (if not more) of 90+ temps. Still, the temps are more in line with "it's summertime" vs "this is extreme". 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah...I think at least here in Maytown we'll run at least the next 6 days (if not more) of 90+ temps. Still, the temps are more in line with "it's summertime" vs "this is extreme". 

My no 3 day predict is probably in trouble (like I said it may be from the start).  Will hold on the 5 day but not going to buy the two week predict that was thrown out.  

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My no 3 day predict is probably in trouble (like I said it may be from the start).  Will hold on the 5 day but not going to buy the two week predict that was thrown out.  

I know Mt. Holly's AFD this morning was already talking about relief coming from a cold front next Monday. Hopefully that knocks us back down at least a couple of days. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

I figured you were one of the thousands of topless guys there but could not pinpoint which one. 

Sadly, I was not there. However, 5 years later - I was there in person to see Sandberg homer in his first 2 at bats against the Red Birds. Not as dramatic, but being my first ever game at Wrigley, and to see him drive in 6 prior to the end of the 2nd inning...pretty special nonetheless. 

1989 was the first full season of lights at Wrigley. I really wanted to get there prior to that but never could. I remember games as a kid that would get suspended for darkness. Also back then, the neighborhood beyond the outfield wasn't built up like it is today, and the games back then were wild. Winds blew straight out uninhibited, which resulted in games like the 23-22 Phillies-Cubs slugfest. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sadly, I was not there. However, 5 years later - I was there in person to see Sandberg homer in his first 2 at bats against the Red Birds. Not as dramatic, but being my first ever game at Wrigley, and to see him drive in 6 prior to the end of the 2nd inning...pretty special nonetheless. 

1989 was the first full season of lights at Wrigley. I really wanted to get there prior to that but never could. I remember games as a kid that would get suspended for darkness. Also back then, the neighborhood beyond the outfield wasn't built up like it is today, and the games back then were wild. Winds blew straight out uninhibited, which resulted in games like the 23-22 Phillies-Cubs slugfest. 

I remember the winds back then.  But I think what every wants clarification on is whether you were shirtless at this game.   LOL