• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

That heats gotta get here at some point. My parents have had 37 iirc days over 100 now. 107 today, no day below 103 in their 10 day. It was 98 Saturday, first day in 2 weeks ot wasn’t 100+ I believe. 

That’s not remotely normal, even for Texas. 

I do not question that but it is too easy here for clouds or rains to spoil a warm day.   Models are barely over 90 (or not)  several of the next 7 days (did not check euro)

10 hours ago, canderson said:

Wow we didn’t get a drop today (well after early this am). Lucky you!

Tamaqua had a special weather advisory …

What was it? We had good, heavy rain about 7pm, but no thunder. We did end up with 0.99" total from the morning and evening rain, though.

• Like 2

No rain here yesterday but it’s a beautiful morning; 68, clear skies and until a couple minutes ago there was a light but steady breeze. It doesn’t feel muggy yet, the light breeze is mostly taking care of that, but there’s definitely that feeling that it’s gearing up to be a scorcher. 

A decent 63 this Am.   HRRR and GFS have DP's dropping into the 50's/near 60 this afternoon (LSV) with temps topping around average in the upper 80's so probably some low 90's in the hot spots.   RGEM also stays in the 80's.   Zones also have temps staying below 90 except Lanco which is right on 90 where I clicked. 

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A decent 63 this Am.   HRRR and GFS have DP's dropping into the 50's/near 60 this afternoon (LSV) with temps topping around average in the upper 80's so probably some low 90's in the hot spots.   RGEM also stays in the 80's.   Zones also have temps staying below 90 except Lanco which is right on 90 where I clicked. 

Those DPs do not sound bad at all… that’s downright pleasant for this time of year.

My precip the last few days:

Sat - .23"

Sun - .18"

Mon - .01"

July total thus far:  2.43"

My posting has been limited and will likely continue to be for a bit longer, as my wife's father passed away this past weekend.  Not totally unexpected but still felt sudden, if that makes sense.  He was only in his early 60s but had a number of serious health ailments.  Still much too soon.  Anyway, enjoy the heat fellas and hug your fathers if you're still lucky enough to have one.

• Sad 3

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sat - .23"

Sun - .18"

Mon - .01"

My posting has been limited and will likely continue to be for a bit longer, as my wife's father passed away this past weekend.  Not totally unexpected but still felt sudden, if that makes sense.  He was only in his early 60s but had a number of serious health ailments.  Still much too soon.  Anyway, enjoy the heat fellas and hug your fathers if you're still lucky enough to have one.

sorry for your families loss

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Sat - .23"

Sun - .18"

Mon - .01"

Sorry to hear MJS. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Wow, that is remarkable! Especially when it seems like there's more AN than BN weather anymore. 

I am using MDT's average number so there is a little fudging but our highest temp has been 87 (since June 17th).  I just checked out Cashtown and he is the same or similar.  Little or no AN normal days for over a month.