• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not sure where in AZ but checked Phoenix and they only get 8-9" a year.  There are storms that drop more than that in the Northeast on (rare) occasion. 

Just hit up YouTube and search Phoenix monsoons. If you get under a potent one, you can get 80 to 100 mph winds and 2-4 inches of rain.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Interesting convo on the heat wave classification during one of my morning calls.   Pretty much 100% agreement that getting 3 degrees over normal is not a heat wave.  LOL.    The thought was in mid to late July, it would need to hit 100 at MDT to get into Heat Wave area OR change the classification to HI.   SVR Watch for SE PA. 

Interesting convo on the heat wave classification during one of my morning calls.   Pretty much 100% agreement that getting 3 degrees over normal is not a heat wave.  LOL.    The thought was in mid to late July, it would need to hit 100 at MDT to get into Heat Wave area OR change the classification to HI.   SVR Watch for SE PA. 

In total agreement.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

Radar is totally lame at the moment…

Yeah there are storms in MD, but the are going to stay down there. Nothing is going up in Central PA…

That's not what'll pop storms for us. We're looking a little later - roughly 5 to 9 pm for activity to pop, It'll be hit or miss type stuff moreso than last night I thiiiiink. 

12 minutes ago, Storm Clouds said:

Radar is totally lame at the moment…

Yeah there are storms in MD, but the are going to stay down there. Nothing is going up in Central PA…

HRRR actually has the MD stuff cut over York at its Northern Extent.  But I agree it does not look overly enthusiastic for a big squall line

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Well...lol.  It may not even be over.  Just reporting the models sudden drop of a sig line. 

Think maybe that little disturbance up near CT killed the shear we had earlier and stabilized our region mostly. Maybe we didn't get enough afternoon heating to reamp it north of say Rt 30 and east of 81. 

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Think maybe that little disturbance up near CT killed the shear we had earlier and stabilized our region mostly. Maybe we didn't get enough afternoon heating to reamp it north of say Rt 30 and east of 81. 

Yea, something put the wham jam on this being a big event.  Score one for Voyager. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Agreed.

I’m thinking how many days in a row our hotter stations can hit 90F plus.

Looking and more and more like a potential 10+ day stretch of 90+. Hell it might last two weeks. The edge seems to let that hot Midwest air here with no escape. 

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

LOL.  I am definitely taking under on that. 

That heats gotta get here at some point. My parents have had 37 iirc days over 100 now. 107 today, no day below 103 in their 10 day. It was 98 Saturday, first day in 2 weeks ot wasn’t 100+ I believe. 

That’s not remotely normal, even for Texas.