• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

Well, it looks like I'm going get the weather I crave. My mom's neighbor, and "caregiver" has decided that he's not going to do it anymore. Since my mom has macular degeneration and can't drive because she can barely see, and also has significant COPD, I will be, at least temporarily, moving out to Arizona to care for her, tend to her needs, and see what kind of in-home assistance she can get, or, in a worse case scenario, look into nursing homes for her. Even if she were to agree to come back east, it will take time to get everything sorted out.

It won't be a pleasure cruise, but depending on how the situation plays out, I may stay out there at least through the winter before I come back to PA.

24 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Well, it looks like I'm going get the weather I crave. My mom's neighbor, and "caregiver" has decided that he's not going to do it anymore. Since my mom has macular degeneration and can't drive because she can barely see, and also has significant COPD, I will be, at least temporarily, moving out to Arizona to care for her, tend to her needs, and see what kind of in-home assistance she can get, or, in a worse case scenario, look into nursing homes for her. Even if she were to agree to come back east, it will take time to get everything sorted out.

It won't be a pleasure cruise, but depending on how the situation plays out, I may stay out there at least through the winter before I come back to PA.

Wow, can your job transfer out there or will you be off for a bit while you deal with it?

28 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Ugh sorry to hear this. Safe travels west. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wow, can your job transfer out there or will you be off for a bit while you deal with it?

No. My company is a mom & pop. I'll probably have to take a leave of absence/quit and then get temporary work while I'm out there since I figure I'll be there for at least a few months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

So this week’s heat wave - I’m going to predict MDT hits 90 6 straight days and tops out at 97 Wednesday. 

So I do not think MDT even hits 90 until Wed and there is no heat wave this week. (3 or 5 day).   Least confident about whether Tue makes it to 90 or not. Most confident that MDT does not have 5 straight days of 90 this week. Maybe not tomorrow which would mean every other day must hit 90 to make it (Tue-Sat).   Saying no 3 day 90+ is a big risk on my part.  But to me a heat wave has to be 5 days.   The EC is your hope for a win.    It is has beyond abysmal this summer.  We have completely  removed it from our forecasting strategy but I guess it may win at some point? 

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

So I do not think MDT even hits 90 until Wed and there is no heat wave this week. (3 or 5 day).   Least confident about whether Tue makes it to 90 or not. Most confident that MDT does not have 5 straight days of 90 this week. Maybe not tomorrow which would mean every other day must hit 90 to make it (Tue-Sat).   Saying no 3 day 90+ is a big risk on my part.  But to me a heat wave has to be 5 days.   The EC is your hope for a win.    It is has beyond abysmal this summer.  We have completely  removed it from our forecasting strategy but I guess it may win at some point? 

CTP has this:

Tues 91
Wed 94
Thur 94
Fri 92
Sat 94
Sun 91

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

CTP has this:

Tues 91
Wed 94
Thur 94
Fri 92
Sat 94
Sun 91

Yep, I am betting against it.   Especially for MDT.  No model except the EC has MDT above 90 for 6 days in a row.   GFS is the next closest but all but the EC has cooler temps close enough to MDT to throw it into doubt.  Like I mentioned, I am going out on a big limb saying no 3 days in a row.   Decent chance I fail on that one. If MDT stays below 90 tomorrow I will feel better.  FWIW, next Sunday is next week so I took you literally in say 6 days above or at 90 this week which means you need tomorrow :-) 

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep, I am betting against it.   Especially for MDT.  No model except the EC has MDT above 90 for 6 days in a row.   GFS is the next closest but all but the EC has cooler temps close enough to MDT to throw it into doubt.  Like I mentioned, I am going out on a big limb saying no 3 days in a row.   Decent chance I fail on that one. If MDT stays below 90 tomorrow I will feel better.  FWIW, next Sunday is next week so I took you literally in say 6 days above or at 90 this week which means you need tomorrow :-) 

Ha oops I didn’t mean ending this week just starting