• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

9 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

It’s actually our first time out so I’ll let you know how it goes ha. The wife and I bought her parents’ pontoon — a nice 20 footer that they kept in great shape. Looking forward to breaking her in tomorrow! 

Have a blast! We have a lake house in Texas with a 24’ pontoon and a 21’ Skeeter bass boat. That boat has a 350 hp engine and goes 70 :) 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, canderson said:

Have a blast! We have a lake house in Texas with a 24’ pontoon and a 21’ Skeeter bass boat. That boat has a 350 hp engine and goes 70 :) 

Haha that’s a whole other ballgame. We’re only working with 90hp so we won’t be hitting 70 anytime soon! Was hoping to sleep in a bit today but the toddler had me up at the butt crack of dawn ugh. 

10 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

The fun news is we may do this again tomorrow.   Maybe a tad more scattered. 

CTP gives me a 20% chance today. It would be fitting if today is the day that I cash in with such a low chance!

Today
A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

CTP gives me a 20% chance today. It would be fitting if today is the day that I cash in with such a low chance!

Today
A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 82. Calm wind becoming northwest around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Several areas of the LSV broke 1/2" with a 20% chance yesterday.  

GFS has a real/extreme heatwave in the longer ranger again.    Prior it has LSV highs around 70 on Saturday and a couple days in the 90's next week.   Then a very hot final week of July with highs in the 100's more than once. It is surely a can kick down the road as previously we were supposed to be entering a heatwave now. 

image.thumb.png.ac18cd386899d4a31b81662dbfef8ddc.png

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS has a real/extreme heatwave in the longer ranger again.    Prior it has highs around 70 on Saturday and a couple days in the 90's next week.   Then a very hot final week of July with highs in the 100's more than once. It is surely a can kick down the road as previously we were supposed to be entering a heatwave now. 

Voyager will be ecstatic with that news. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I guess time will tell. Anything is possible hard to believe we don't get at least 2 consecutive days of that 100 degree heat this summer before is all is said and done.

I would guess there are a LOT of summers that MDT does not hit 100 even once.   I wonder if the kind folks in the Acrisure forum have the stats. 

Baseball players and owners have done so much to tarnish America's game over the past 30+ years that I've become a shell of the fan that I used to be.

One thing that's magical about baseball that I would contend cannot (or is incredibly unlikely) happen in any other sport are long winning streaks by inferior teams. Neither the Orioles nor the Mariners have any business winning 10 games in a row, but here we are. The Orioles are just as likely, if not more so, to lose 10+ games in a row. 

When was the last time an inferior team in the NFL, the Association, or on the Frozen Pond won 10 games in a row?

It doesn't happen. That's the magic of baseball. 

Back to the weather. :) 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Baseball players and owners have done so much to tarnish America's game over the past 30+ years that I've become a shell of the fan that I used to be.

One thing that's magical about baseball that I would contend cannot (or is incredibly unlikely) happen in any other sport are long winning streaks by inferior teams. Neither the Orioles nor the Mariners have any business winning 10 games in a row, but here we are. The Orioles are just as likely, if not more so, to lose 10+ games in a row. 

When was the last time an inferior team in the NFL, the Association, or on the Frozen Pond won 10 games in a row?

It doesn't happen. That's the magic of baseball. 

Back to the weather. :) 

When I think of long winning streaks I do think of MLB (see the movie Money Ball) and the NBA.  Football is too broken up to have inferior teams have these streaks IMO.  Only one game a week.   Baseball definitely the more likely of the two between baseball and basketball. But, lets take into account the possibility that the O's are not inferior....at least not this year. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

When I think of long winning streaks I do think of MLB (see the movie Money Ball) and the NBA.  Football is too broken up to have inferior teams have these streaks IMO.  Only one game a week.   Baseball definitely the more likely of the two between baseball and basketball. But, lets take into account the possibility that the O's are not inferior....at least not this year. 

If not inferior, they are not a team built to win 10 in a row at this juncture. 

I think the Orioles are going to be a sustained force in the AL East in the next few years. It's coming. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Voyager will be ecstatic with that news. 

I am...

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is a mixed message...it is there but it is like the GFS snow storms that show up in 300 hrs every winter.  

...but this. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

First things first, we need some of the weekend rain to come through.  Still not as wide spread (at 12Z) as I would like.  On the heater side, the GFS gave up on the 70 for a high Saturday thing. 

I'll tell you. Our springs are not replenishing as fast as before. The water tables are dropping and the silos are not refilling fast enough. I sometimes take three loads to Sunbury, but soon I won't be able to. By my third load, I'll have to sit and wait until the silo was full enough to fill my trailer.

Up until now, that wasn't a problem.

Just now, Voyager said:

I'll tell you. Our springs are not replenishing as fast. The water tables are dropping and the silos are not refilling fast enough. I sometimes take three loads to Sunbury, but soon I won't be able to. By my third load, I'll have to sit and wait until the silo was full enough to fill my trailer.

Up until now, that wasn't a problem.

Your area is somewhat close to that drought/DO designation that just came out. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Radar shows rain in Lanco right now.  Sunshowers :-) 

I checked the radar 5 minutes before you posted this and saw nothing. Little pop up shower developed near Lancaster...not super close to me unfortunately. But hey...Lancaster got like 1" of rain just this past weekend. 

• Like 1