• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It rained on and off most of the day...very light and only 1/4" the last 24 hours...but no sun.  Looking at Hagerstown readings I may have had a midnight high over the 70 though, would have to check.  It stayed 68-70 all daylight day. 

It was mostly sunny here. For you those temps are probably nice. If it was that way up here, there'd have been one or more whining posts made...lol

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It rained on and off most of the day...very light and only 1/4" the last 24 hours...but no sun.  Looking at Hagerstown readings I may have had a midnight high over the 70 though, would have to check.  It stayed 68-70 all daylight day. 

Ran into drizzle just below Shrewsbury on my way to Baltimore and had it on and off most of the afternoon and early evening. Got home about 9pm to almost perfectly clear skies. A pleasant 66 now.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

15 degrees warmer than I was. That's crazy.

And no the thermometers are not off. Yes lots of sun. I was roto tilling yesterday morning in our big garden for 2 hrs and I was drenched in sweat. And we went up to Sunbury around 4:30 yesterday (gates opened at 5) at Spyglass winery to see Jeff Dunham (great show by the way!) the sweat was just rolling off of my wife and I, and running down my a** crack too. I thought that it would be cooler up there being it was a little further north of us by 23 miles. But that was not the case. Also I noticed that the field corn the leaves are pointed up. That is a sign that the crop needs rain.

51 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

And no the thermometers are not off. Yes lots of sun. I was roto tilling yesterday morning in our big garden for 2 hrs and I was drenched in sweat. And we went up to Sunbury around 4:30 yesterday (gates opened at 5) at Spyglass winery to see Jeff Dunham (great show by the way!) the sweat was just rolling off of my wife and I, and running down my a** crack too. I thought that it would be cooler up there being it was a little further north of us by 23 miles. But that was not the case. Also I noticed that the field corn the leaves are pointed up. That is a sign that the crop needs rain.

What happens in Sunbury stays in Sunbury!  LOL

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am not forecasting this but it would not surprise me to see flood watches or advisories for or near some of us on Tue if that front continues the slow movement the meso's are advertising.  It could be training time.  That area of Oxford/Chester would be a place. 

CTP has the Tuesday chance in my forecast.

Tuesday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2pm. Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 92. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. 
Tuesday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 8pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

2 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 60 here and a two-day rain total of .08”. Had the family at the Tomato Festival in Washington Boro last evening. A splendid day on tap, portending what appears to be a very dry period developing. 

More useless information - I grew up in Washington Boro and for years my father was the president of the Tomato Festival committee. A ton of great memories down at the park. We are going next weekend and it'll be a homecoming of sorts 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

More useless information - I grew up in Washington Boro and for years my father was the president of the Tomato Festival committee. A ton of great memories down at the park. We are going next weekend and it'll be a homecoming of sorts 

Not useless at all, love stuff like this. They were serving up the tomato slices thick and juicy last night! Thank god for the fella running barrel tractor rides for the kids to keep them entertained. At a dollar a ride he was making out like a bandit though haha. 

• Like 1