• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

06z GFS brings the drought and heat for the Keystone State. Less than a quarter inch of rain at PIT through the end of the run - almost all falling tomorrow night, then completely dry thereafter. Temperatures stay fairly seasonable through next Friday, but then start to heat up on Saturday the 16th through to the end of the run. Obviously still pretty far away, but shows a week or more of 90s, including a few days in the upper 90s and low 100s. I think I saw Providence, RI at 107F on one afternoon.

On 7/6/2022 at 8:22 AM, Itstrainingtime said:

This is the time of year for the haves and have nots. Parched soil in some areas while a few spots are begging for dry weather. 

Last night's rain was a story of the "haves and have nots." While areas north of the PA Turnpike received a few hundredths of an inch of rain, a general 1-2" fell in parts of southern Adams, York and Lancaster Counties. Only 0.14" fell at @millersvilleu, with 0.27" at my house.

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Last night's rain was a story of the "haves and have nots." While areas north of the PA Turnpike received a few hundredths of an inch of rain, a general 1-2" fell in parts of southern Adams, York and Lancaster Counties. Only 0.14" fell at @millersvilleu, with 0.27" at my house.

Is he stealing your lines now?  LOL

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

The 6Z GFS would be a bit of a disaster for the state. 

Well, the 12z run has backed off the big heat locally. But still looks rather dry. In fact, looks fairly dry for much of the country with the exception of the Texas gulf coast and southeast. The Great Plains bakes though.

• Like 1

Here is what CTP shows now for tomorrow.

Friday
A slight chance of showers after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. Light west wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. North wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.