• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

10 minutes ago, Anduril said:

Suns out in Camp Hill. Wonder if there's still enough time for heating for anything decent. I'd kill for a nice thunderstorm with some good lightning and thunder blasts

Nah you’ll enjoy the .01l we got todays and the humidity we now have and like it. 

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Just got some nice tropical-like downpours here, as some cells within the main line really blossomed upon approach.  Looks like maybe close to 3/4".  Will check in a bit but a nice surprise.

Update: actually had a good bit of back-building and got in on some training action. Even a couple rumbles. Over an inch in the gauge. Official measurement in the morning. 

6 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

So the official definition of Partly Sunny, according to the NWS: (sounds like your sky conditions do NOT match the stated criteria) 

The NWS definition states that between 3/8 and 5/8 of the sky is covered by clouds when it's classified as partly cloudy or partly sunny. Sometimes, a "mix of sun and clouds" is used by some forecasters instead of "partly sunny" during the daytime hours, though it is not an official NWS term.

Yeah, we definitely did not have anywhere between 3/8 to 5/8 cloud coverage during the day; it was more like 8/8 with brief moments of 7.5/8.

On the bright side, the iweather.net radar says I got about .35 of rain today, which checks out with nearby Ambient stations. (And it’s been legit partly sunny for about the last hour, so even that was delayed not denied)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This weekend looks amazing per CTP for the Harrisburg area.

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 80.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 59.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 80.

More good news for this weekend from CTP’s discussion.

“Conditions are forecast to dry out for the upcoming weekend with more comfortable (lower) humidity.”

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Finally!!! A morning warm enough to wear shorts to work...

Enjoy it while you can, I see the winter trolls are already planning summers collapse. Keep the heat and humidity coming. We don't need -20 wind chills and 1-2in clippers that ice the roads up. We will be dealing with that 5 months from now, so lets first enjoy the heat before that brutal winter weather gets here.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

A low of 70 last night, while currently sitting at 75/72.  Man, I really hit the jackpot with those cells yesterday, to the tune of 1.27".  Some more chances in the coming days and then what looks like another stellar weekend.  Can't complain.  Summer baby, summer. :sizzle:

You're at something like 1.74" since Saturday if I recall correctly - I'm at .26"