• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Central PA Summer 2022

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'm sorry for any property damage and overall inconvenience the storm caused. Unfortunately the ground truth verified how nasty the storm looked on radar. A lot of people we know suffered from this storm, including my mother and my son and daughter in law who are still without power now. It's why I hate severe weather. I guess there's appeal for some to track, but who wants it to verify in their own neighborhood?

The storm missed me by 4/10ths of a mile. That was how far I drove and ran into running water after the storm passed. By the time I had traveled one mile I started seeing branches down everywhere.

It was that close.

Sorry to hear that your family was impacted by the storm yesterday. Hopefully all is well soon for them!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canderson said:

When does MDT hit max average high? Last week of July? 

In whole numbers the average high is 87 starting today through July 27th.  Drops to 86 on the 28th.   Probably an actual maximum in between during mid-July if someone has the decimal figure.   There is this graph from 1990-now which focuses on early July. 

image.png.1af9cb969a5aaa7e3a76c78a5b0ce0c6.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

In whole numbers the average high is 87 starting today through July 27th.  Drops to 86 on the 28th.   Probably an actual maximum in between during mid-July if someone has the decimal figure.   There is this graph from 1990-now which focuses on early July. 

image.png.1af9cb969a5aaa7e3a76c78a5b0ce0c6.png

Great info, thanks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Probably- only because we're due? 

3rd straight day of 90+ here. 14 days so far for the season.

That is one more day than I have had in all of 2022 combined.    Not been a cool summer but no real heat to speak of over here beyond onesies.   I believe MDT had one 90 day of the 3.   Would take a full on max heat wave to make this summer memorable at this point as we approach the half way point in 11 days.    After jumping out to one of the fastest starts in recent history, MDT has stalled on 90+ days with only 8 going into July 4th.   Cashtown has had zero 90 or higher days this season!  Crazy.  

It is a cool 53 in Williamsport with low humidity. Back up to 88 later. I would have closed the windows but I was too lazy.  This isn't typical July 4th weather but that's fine with me. I hope everybody enjoys Our Birthday.

• Like 3