• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I’m at a family cookout in Rohrerstown just west of Lancaster City and we had a nice 15 minute downpour earlier and now some storms intensifying over York and trying to head this way, albeit ever so slowly. 

Storm crossing the river has a nice hail signature on it. Sure looks like it will clip your home and perhaps bullseye Rohrerstown. Unfortunately it will miss me (most likely) by no more than a couple of miles. Literally.

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Storm crossing the river has a nice hail signature on it. Sure looks like it will clip your home and perhaps bullseye Rohrerstown. Unfortunately it will miss me (most likely) by no more than a couple of miles. Literally.

That is the thing I really dislike about these types of rains.  Cannot even follow radar as the cells pop and crumble in moments.   This (24 hours):

image.png.2076ba8e00252cc8366a226be32cb287.png

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

disappointed here in the rain dept. only received .04 for this weekend event.

I’ll be rooting for rain during the next few weeks. We planted some shrubs in the yard yesterday, so I would like some occasional showers instead of needing to get the hose out to water them!

CTP has a chance of showers from Tuesday onward for the Harrisburg area.

Tuesday
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88. Southwest wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. 
Tuesday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. 
Wednesday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 85. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Wednesday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Thursday
A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Thursday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
Friday Night
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I’ll be rooting for rain during the next few weeks. We planted some shrubs in the yard yesterday, so I would like some occasional showers instead of needing to get the hose out to water them!

Looks like I'll have get my pump out and pump water from the creek to my garden or should I say truck patch, it is rather large.

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Not a good sign when you are watering.  Lots of wet times on the GFS though so fingers crossed.   Actually 4 of the 15 18Z maps feature some location in the LSV below 70 at 2PM. 

High of 90 yesterday, low of 70. Still sitting at a dewpoint of 69. We got home last night to find that a pretty nasty storm had moved through the area. A lot of small to medium branches down and our Adirondack chairs were strewn across the yard. Had a buddy lose a tree and neighbor says we had some small hail too. .47” in the gauge, much needed. 

3 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Did that hail damage your vehicle?

Thanks for asking.  Cars were in the garage so all good there.  Did a drive around today and lots more carnage to be seen.  Road still closed near Roots Market with huge trees across the road.  Just one of those deals where folks a few miles away were like "what storm?" while those of us in the in the core saw substantial damage.  Power was out for 6 hours but back now.  Don't think it was tornadic given the wide swath of damage but again, worst I've seen in the 22 years here.

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

High of 90 yesterday, low of 70. Still sitting at a dewpoint of 69. We got home last night to find that a pretty nasty storm had moved through the area. A lot of small to medium branches down and our Adirondack chairs were strewn across the yard. Had a buddy lose a tree and neighbor says we had some small hail too. .47” in the gauge, much needed. 

6 minutes ago, Festus said:

Thanks for asking.  Cars were in the garage so all good there.  Did a drive around today and lots more carnage to be seen.  Road still closed near Roots Market with huge trees across the road.  Just one of those deals where folks a few miles away were like "what storm?" while those of us in the in the core saw substantial damage.  Power was out for 6 hours but back now.  Don't think it was tornadic given the wide swath of damage but again, worst I've seen in the 22 years here.

I'm sorry for any property damage and overall inconvenience the storm caused. Unfortunately the ground truth verified how nasty the storm looked on radar. A lot of people we know suffered from this storm, including my mother and my son and daughter in law who are still without power now. It's why I hate severe weather. I guess there's appeal for some to track, but who wants it to verify in their own neighborhood?

The storm missed me by 4/10ths of a mile. That was how far I drove and ran into running water after the storm passed. By the time I had traveled one mile I started seeing branches down everywhere.

It was that close.