• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA Summer 2022

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Wed may be be a must have for those wanting a Heat Wave Jr. of 3 days at 90.   Euro still insinuating 100 for Fri. 

I was going to post about tomorrow - I know Superstorm was talking about Thursday - Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if some areas flirt with the 90 mark tomorrow. 

13 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I was going to post about tomorrow - I know Superstorm was talking about Thursday - Saturday, but I wouldn't be surprised if some areas flirt with the 90 mark tomorrow. 

The euro is the only model I see which has a chance of anything near 90 Sat.  Everything else in the 70's at 18Z Sat.  Sat high on the GFS is actually low 80's mid morning.  HRRR suggests it is close tomorrow.   

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The euro is the only model I see which has a chance of anything near 90 Sat.  Everything else in the 70's at 18Z Sat.  Sat high on the GFS is actually low 80's mid morning.  HRRR suggests it is close tomorrow.   

Well, hopefully the cooler projections win out. Especially now that Caledonia is keeping the pool closed for the entire summer. I thought it was interesting that it was announced on the news that the reason was for a much needed maintenance project. And, a lack of lifeguards. 

Seems like the lack of lifeguards would allow the maintenance project to be prioritized. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well, hopefully the cooler projections win out. Especially now that Caledonia is keeping the pool closed for the entire summer. I thought it was interesting that it was announced on the news that the reason was for a much needed maintenance project. And, a lack of lifeguards. 

Seems like the lack of lifeguards would allow the maintenance project to be prioritized. 

Oh wow, I did not know that, thanks for the info.  Last year was lack of lifeguards.  Kids can make $15-$20 an hr other places.

45 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Two years in a row for Caledonia.  Quite surprised.  I wonder if the other 'C Word' had an effect on this as well. 

Based on what's happening here at work...maybe so. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Just saw mention, on MA, that Western MD had frost this AM. 

A fine start to the day out there near Deep Creek Lake. :) 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I would like to take 4th place in the Summer Thread post count standings and knock @Voyager off of the leaderboard!

How can you find out how many posts that you have in a thread?

I do not know the answer to your question but 10 a day for a week will get you there regardless.  Lol

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Oh wow, I did not know that, thanks for the info.  Last year was lack of lifeguards.  Kids can make $15-$20 an hr other places.

We have a lot of adults who don't make that in our neck of the woods (Williamsport and Lycoming County). What do kids do in your area to make $15-$20 an hour? What are the housing costs like?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CoralRed said:

We have a lot of adults who don't make that in our neck of the woods (Williamsport and Lycoming County). What do kids do in your area to make $15-$20 an hour? What are the housing costs like?

In our area, convenience stores are starting out from $17/hour and up. Hersheypark is still in the $14/$15 range but they seem to be at the lower end of the spectrum.

No idea about housing. I became mortgage free last year and have no interest in looking to start over at this point.

1 hour ago, CoralRed said:

Amazon pays 20 plus per hour if near one of their warehouses.  Housing is way up here.  A normal 150k house is now 250k.  Fast food pays 12-15 an HR here.