• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

You may be enjoying sweet, sweet 60's for highs tomorrow. 

Incredible bonus if it happens - I'm not complaining about the conditions today...man, have we been blessed over the past 5-6 days. Actually feels like summer out there right now, which it should. 

I might be tempted to complain a bit if I get shut out on the rain though...getting missed a lot lately. 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Incredible bonus if it happens - I'm not complaining about the conditions today...man, have we been blessed over the past 5-6 days. Actually feels like summer out there right now, which it should. 

I might be tempted to complain a bit if I get shut out on the rain though...getting missed a lot lately. 

Both the HRRR and NAM get you guys in the "deform band" lasting into morning tomorrow.   No tuck with this one though.   The GFS is normal or below temps the entire run. 

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Both the HRRR and NAM get you guys in the "deform band" lasting into morning tomorrow.   No tuck with this one though.   The GFS is normal or below temps the entire run. 

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

MU aligns with the 60s talk for tomorrow and generally agrees with the GFS, though he does think that Sunday gets into the 90s with high humidity prior to the cool down to start the new week. 

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

https://www.millersville.edu/weathercenter/forecasts/weather-discussion.php

MU aligns with the 60s talk for tomorrow and generally agrees with the GFS, though he does think that Sunday gets into the 90s with high humidity prior to the cool down to start the new week. 

And this is in no way a a year without a summer like that MA post.  It is just normal weather...some days above, some below.   But yea it is very possible some of us do not see 90's again until summer is half way over.  I know it is possible Sunday but that may be the last day for some time. 

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Temps have dropped into the low 70s with the backdoor cold front.  But its very humid.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

And this is in no way a a year without a summer like that MA post.  It is just normal weather...some days above, some below.   But yea it is very possible some of us do not see 90's again until summer is half way over.  I know it is possible Sunday but that may be the last day for some time. 

It's been an odd season - I think the thing that stands out from perhaps "normal" years is the amount of days that have been downright pleasant. Perhaps that leaves some people feeling like it's been cooler than normal overall, that just isn't the case. If I didn't know better I'd have guessed that we were running a little below normal for met summer...and I've had 8 days of temps at or above 90. 

Edit: Not all of those 90 degree days have been during met summer. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

"Please stay seated until the Captain has turned off the fasten seatbelt indicator.  Our flight to Orlando today will be 2 hours and 5 minutes and take us over the world famous parachuting grounds of Maytown PA". 

Parachuters coming down right now have small portable fans to keep them from overheating on their descent. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

It's been an odd season - I think the thing that stands out from perhaps "normal" years is the amount of days that have been downright pleasant. Perhaps that leaves some people feeling like it's been cooler than normal overall, that just isn't the case. If I didn't know better I'd have guessed that we were running a little below normal for met summer...and I've had 8 days of temps at or above 90. 

Edit: Not all of those 90 degree days have been during met summer. 

Just like winter.  If you have 2 or 3 big snowstorms people will always remember it as a cold and snowy winter, even if its above normal.

• Like 1