• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

25 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, I might need to see if I can bribe @sauss06 to see if he can make the short trip up the road to Marysville to mow my yard! I would buy him a case of beer…lol!

My lawn might be 1 foot tall by the time I get back after the 2 inches of rain last night!

i'm leaving for the beach Wednesday, so it'll have to be before that. I'll help a brotha out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

88 and partly cloudy here.  Big news is the wind with several gusts over 35. 

Working from home this afternoon - the wind direction and speed makes it sound like the dead of winter inside. One step outside removes that dream quickly. 

59 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

It feels like someone is holding a hair dryer on me when i go outside. 

Hmm...I haven't had hair in 30 years. I can't relate to the feeling. 

23 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Dewpoint been dropping like a rock here the last couple hours. Think I’m gonna top out at 91. Splendid weekend on tap. 

I peaked at 92, currently at 91.

But...it's now a dry heat. 

90.9 for my high.  Temp down to 80 on the way down to 60 by morning.  Dew point in the last 12 hours has dropped from a morning high of 73, now down to a wonderful 53!  Love it.  Might have a shot at upper 40's either Sunday or Monday morning.  Very refreshing indeed.

Meanwhile...18z GFS develops a hurricane north of Cuba and runs it northwest through the east-central gulf coming ashore around the western panhandle of Florida with a pressure of 971 millibars, 2 weeks from today.  I have to go find how what that pressure is on the saffir simpson scale.  It has to be a major hurricane.  Guessing between a 3 and 4.

Edit>>Whoops.  971 is a Cat 2, so not even a major.

45 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

90.9 for my high.  Temp down to 80 on the way down to 60 by morning.  Dew point in the last 12 hours has dropped from a morning high of 73, now down to a wonderful 53!  Love it.  Might have a shot at upper 40's either Sunday or Monday morning.  Very refreshing indeed.

Meanwhile...18z GFS develops a hurricane north of Cuba and runs it northwest through the east-central gulf coming ashore around the western panhandle of Florida with a pressure of 971 millibars, 2 weeks from today.  I have to go find how what that pressure is on the saffir simpson scale.  It has to be a major hurricane.  Guessing between a 3 and 4.

Edit>>Whoops.  971 is a Cat 2, so not even a major.

And that is probably the 6th or 7th time it has done something similar in the last month.    It definitely has 'Cane envy this year.  It wants some asap. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MU going with a big time heat wave starting as early as Tuesday and lasting until...

Paint Grass Lawncare GIF - Paint Grass Lawncare Paint GIFs

FWIW LR's do show less blocking but not really a heat wave (5 or more consecutive days above 90?) on any of them so he is going out on a limb ...which is perfectly fine, just talking models.   Slight ridging long term.  Lot's of sticky 70's and 80's especially due to an ULL that is shown on all 3 suites. 

Going back to 2010, yesterday's 91 reading at MDT appears to have tied it for the most 90's for the year by June 18th.  2021 also had 6.  It does not appear any other year back to 2010 had 6 by this date making 2022 yet another year where summer extends back well into Spring (four 90's in May this year!)    This somewhat surprising after one of the longer stretches without hitting 90 from fall to Spring.  Warminista's again trounce the other team.