• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Feels like the D all over again.  Zippo from second one. I am the MJS of Franklin county. 

10 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

Hit a brick wall.   Pretty clear where the stalled boundary set up. 

It sucks - rain is really beneficial right now. 

I wonder what will happen to the line in NW PA as it moves into our area?

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Local forecaster said this might be one of the windiest periods in June that we'll ever see outside of stormy weather. Very unusual to have a long duration wind event during the 2nd half of June. 

That's the thing. The summers of my youth usually consisted of a period of 90s followed by a week front and then a dop back to about 80 degrees, and then repeat.

This current pattern is more like a winter pattern with a strong front followed by a wrapped up maritime low and a tight gradient. 

1 minute ago, Voyager said:

That's the thing. The summers of my youth usually consisted of a period of 90s followed by a week front and then a dop back to about 80 degrees, and then repeat.

This current pattern is more like a winter pattern with a strong front followed by a wrapped up maritime low and a tight gradient. 

Very true, good analogy. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Local forecaster said this might be one of the windiest periods in June that we'll ever see outside of stormy weather. Very unusual to have a long duration wind event during the 2nd half of June. 

That just seems to be the norm for years now. It's actually weird how windy it's been. Especially outside of winter and early spring

16 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Evaporate like a line of storms moving into Long Island or SNE.

The "line" advancing towards us already has large gaps in it - doesn't instill a lot of confidence at this point. Maybe it will surprise. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Euro definitely backed off

Euro backing off on heat? Nah. LOL

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The "line" advancing towards us already has large gaps in it - doesn't instill a lot of confidence at this point. Maybe it will surprise. 

It did indeed.  What was 100+ is now 80+.  LOL.  But would not take much shift to get back into the 90's

19 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Accu-Weather future radar, for what it's worth, has the line dying out along the US220 corridor between State College and Williamsport by 7:00pm.

This is definitely one of the better summertime significant severe/tornadic type setups I’ve seen recently around these parts, at least “on paper”. Lots of heat, high dewpoints (at or above 70), large CAPE, high LI, decent shear, BRN values supportive of discrete supercells, etc. The combination of these has all the composite indices (supercell, hail size, significant tornado parameters) very high today on the mesoanalysis.

The radar split is definitely notable right now, as the hole figures to translate into the portion of PA that has some of the best severe indices. With that said, the portion of PA between here and Harrisburg really needs to be watched for discrete cell action if it does fire up as the EHI values being generated there honestly concern me a bit. A 0-1km EHI of 1 is  enough for possible tornadoes. 4+ is significant. And the 0-3km values are stupid high. This ribbon does extend up into northern PA where current action (and the Elk County tornado warned cell) are moving towards. I’d also look for the Sus Valley to become more favorable with the late clearing this afternoon. 

0-1km EHI

1947144425_Meso0-1EHI.thumb.png.15f61440d83e404b28106e0f87f6c987.png

0-3km EHI

889688300_SPCHourlyMesoscaleAnalysis2.thumb.png.e51d950f101a26490adafde94718e39f.png

Significant tornado parameter

1751617304_MesoSTP.thumb.png.5668d105fb236c14ea1dd72f5d6572bc.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1