• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Central PA Summer 2022

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

And if I were working,  I'd have driven right through that.

I've been off all week. My wife had a stroke Sunday afternoon and has been in the hospital since then. It was fairly mild, only affecting her right leg, but her weakness is enough that she needs to go to a rehab facility for a week or two.

Oh no, sending her all the good vibes for a full and speedy recovery. 

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

And if I were working,  I'd have driven right through that.

I've been off all week. My wife had a stroke Sunday afternoon and has been in the hospital since then. It was fairly mild, only affecting her right leg, but her weakness is enough that she needs to go to a rehab facility for a week or two.

Sorry to hear this Voyager. Thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for your wife.

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like high temps today are going to be pretty wild across the area...perhaps holding in the 70s in eastern parts of Lanco, while a few areas west of Rt. 81 reach the low 90s.

HRRR has mid 90's just to my west.     For next week, not a forecast but have to say I am a fan of this trend!  GFS is a full 40-50 degrees lower than that high EC map for a couple days ago. 

image.png.88dfc015232d68a189a8e3ba28f96669.png

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

HRRR has mid 90's just to my west.     For next week, not a forecast but have to say I am a fan of this trend!  GFS is a full 40-50 degrees lower than that high EC map for a couple days ago. 

If that map verified there will be people in here dancing while others are...

Not dancing. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Looks like high temps today are going to be pretty wild across the area...perhaps holding in the 70s in eastern parts of Lanco, while a few areas west of Rt. 81 reach the low 90s.

Love when i see those temperature disparities at such close range.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

If that map verified there will be people in here dancing while others are...

Not dancing. 

so i could be sitting on the beach, in a parka, sipping a coffee instead of a ice cold beverage?

who am i kidding. :drunk:

3 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

so i could be sitting on the beach, in a parka, sipping a coffee instead of a ice cold beverage?

who am i kidding. :drunk:

Would you really want to be on the beach at Plus 100 if wind is coming from the west?  Happy medium would be 80's :-).  In Florida, smart locals were never on the beach from 11AM-6PM. 

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Would you really want to be on the beach at Plus 100 if wind is coming from the west?  Happy medium would be 80's :-).  In Florida, smart locals were never on the beach from 11AM-6PM. 

Well nobody ever said i was smart :D yes, i would be on the beach at 100. Back in the '90s over 4th of July it was brutal. with heat index it exceeded it. we hit the beach at 9 and left late afternoon. The key is hydration and staying in the ocean

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

Well nobody ever said i was smart :D yes, i would be on the beach at 100. Back in the '90s over 4th of July it was brutal. with heat index it exceeded it. we hit the beach at 9 and left late afternoon. The key is hydration and staying in the ocean

If I was in the ocean for a couple hours during a sunny day, my next visit would be to the hospital for burns.  Lol.  Bring on the tents!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If I was in the ocean for a couple hours during a sunny day, my next visit would be to the hospital for burns.  Lol.  Bring on the tents!

you may find humor in this. during the mentioned vacation, we ran out of our beverages one day ( we had taken 4 case with us) . without us knowing my brother left the beach, crossed the highway to acquire more beverages and ice. by the time he returned, there was like 4 ices cubes left in the 40lb bag :D 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

And, to my point about flies, they don't bother you if you're in the water.

Go back up on the sand and sit and they're all over you. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't care what the temp is when I'm on the beach. What I do care about is wind direction - any easterly component is good. A due west wind is horrid...that brings with it the biting flies, which to me makes the beach miserable. 

Yep, why I mentioned it in my post.   100 and a west wind.   Bugs and overly excessive heat such that it sucks the component of "being near the water" out of it.    You are getting the same air as Vinny in the 17th floor of the apartment 10 miles inland.   Of course in Ft Myers, they want nothing to do with an East Wind. 

• Haha 1