• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA Summer 2022

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

GFS LR is more than noticeably hotter than this AM.  What a flip. 

How is the rain chance looking for tomorrow morning through early evening?

My daughter’s Softball tournament continues tomorrow. Their Marysville team won all 3 games today and will be in the semifinals tomorrow!

Hopefully the weather cooperates!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

My daughter’s Softball tournament continues tomorrow. Their Marysville team won all 3 games today and will be in the semifinals tomorrow!

The HRRR has scattered showers from 3AM on through the day so just a matter of luck I guess.  Not a widespread rain.   If she was in Waynesboro she would have been cancelled today so 1-1 so far in Marysville.   Congrats to her for the wins.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Awesome! Tomorrow looks great for more wins too. Some storms in the late afternoon but most likely east of us. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Congratulations Marysville! Here's to a great day tomorrow! 

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

just a few drops here, whats your take on sever weather chances later today, non exsistent?

Personally, I think there will be scattered strong to severe, late afternoon.  Most of the rain last night was just south of Harrisburg through the rest of the LSV.  Marysville bubble in effect. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is the big boy threat for flooding rains but it keeps moving ever so slightly North  in it's trajectory.  The LSV was too far east a couple days ago...now borderline too far west. 

image.thumb.png.dd1ed7cde4c9f21978a9650d2e469028.png

I don't like the looks of that! We went through that last year (especially July with those thunderstorms that dumped 2" in less then an hour)

Just now, mahantango#1 said:

I don't like the looks of that! We went through that last year (especially July with those thunderstorms that dumped 2" in less then an hour)

Both the Nam and GFS are a bit too far east (heaviest) for even you right now.   It would destroy AM rush hour for Philly as depicted.  Both people driving and WFH's types trying to get their paper on their walk from the bedroom to their office.  LOL.

image.png.ef7789f6c54902d5edea595cc7b35fa5.png

21 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

I remember that. Some of those storms caused wind damage as well, as I remember seeing some decent carnage, especially between Elizabethville and Berrysburg.

8 minutes ago, Voyager said:

I remember that. Some of those storms caused wind damage as well, as I remember seeing some decent carnage, especially between Elizabethville and Berrysburg.

Yes and my son had an contractor excavating bulldozing on a hill, moving dirt bare ground in that time period. You can just imagine those thunderstorms that seemed relentless that just dumped (i believe we had close to 10 inches of rain last july) and the bare ground. I hat to have the tractor out with the scoop to remove dirt, mud from the driveway numerous times in July. was not a good mix at all. now that we got grass established that took care of most of the problem.

50 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

This is the big boy threat for flooding rains but it keeps moving ever so slightly North  in it's trajectory.  The LSV was too far east a couple days ago...now borderline too far west. 

image.thumb.png.dd1ed7cde4c9f21978a9650d2e469028.png

Looks more like a potent MCS that could move through according to the NAM

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_fh51-63.thumb.gif.048fba3acffaf94e418ab9e4e11eda89.gif

4 minutes ago, Newman said:

Looks more like a potent MCS that could move through according to the NAM

NWS AFD pulled out the MCS term as well.  I have been using the term clipper more in a joking manner as we do not see it in the summer but looks like it intensifies when coming down off the top of that heat dome to our west.  With an actual point of LP I never know when it goes from a vort to an MCS. or vice versa.   Nam is way east.