• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Observations 2022

yotaman

Good line right now in the RDU area. So far picked up .14 as of 5:30pm. It was mostly sun with that "here's some more humidity" downpours for the day.... as it usually is when I have to work outside.

Currently 82F w/ 71 dew at 5:30pm before this line of storms.

Ya'll can add me to the group that missed the rain today :lol:  I haven't watched a beautiful line of severe warned storms split my backyard like this since I left CAE. I'll gladly take the consolation prize of my temp going from 99 with a HI of 114 to a comfortable 76 degrees though ^_^

• Like 1

Tullioz, Did you ever get any rain? Like you, I was under warnings for awhile and had dark clouds and lightning, but absolutely no rain. It’s crazy to watch radar to see storms heading this way from mainly the N/NW and they split just north of Eden and then regroup south of Eden. 

We’ll we finally got rain. Only 0.41” but it was much needed. Storm still found a way to shaft me, being airport and areas south and east all got probably double what I got. Brings us to 0.55” on the month, within striking distance of not setting our record low rainfall for a month imby

15 hours ago, landof2rivers said:

Tullioz, Did you ever get any rain? Like you, I was under warnings for awhile and had dark clouds and lightning, but absolutely no rain. It’s crazy to watch radar to see storms heading this way from mainly the N/NW and they split just north of Eden and then regroup south of Eden. 

Just .03".  Watching radar I thought for sure we would see some decent rain, but like you I watched the storms split only to reform to the south and east. 

Got shafted here, but Raleigh area got slammed. Got a friend with a tree on his house and another with one across the road near Garner. We had some decent gusts with the outflow boundary (40 mph I’m guessing) but only managed 0.14” in the rain department while places west east south and north all got at least 0.75”. I’ll take it though. 0.55” over last 2 days brings us to 0.69” for the month 

Line moved thru quickly here with gust of only 25 mph and .09" in the bucket. Did help it cool down after a high of 97. Temp stayed in the 90's all the way until a little after 8 pm. Been a long time since it has been that hot that late in the day.

I got no rain today but did get 0.20" yesterday. I'm now at 4.1" MTD, easily the wettest month since November of 2021. My last good dousing was 0.90" on 6/14. Most of my rainfall this month was received June 8-14 (3.3").