Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2022

George BM

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Season 1 is him walking around beyond the wall complaining about all the big snows missing to his northeast and then a special episode where he loses it when a blizzard slides to his south.

Call it “Ji Snow: Winter is Never Coming”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Season 1 is him walking around beyond the wall complaining about all the big snows missing to his northeast and then a special episode where he loses it when a blizzard slides to his south.

And this was after the MFS(maester forecasting system) got an upgrade to compete with the more accurate Essos one that you need to own slaves to get subscription

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

Hell of a great day for swim meets!  Hope all that had to do that had a good one. Beats 100° and melting sun

The pool we swam at was really shaded, so it was pretty damn chilly!

Our opponents were unfortunately dealing with a lot of COVID cases, so it ended up not being much of a contest. They were great hosts, though, so we all had a good time! A lot of our kids had uncomfortable swims, but they pushed though it, which is really all we could ask for!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mattie g said:

The pool we swam at was really shaded, so it was pretty damn chilly!

Our opponents were unfortunately dealing with a lot of COVID cases, so it ended up not being much of a contest. They were great hosts, though, so we all had a good time! A lot of our kids had uncomfortable swims, but they pushed though it, which is really all we could ask for!

Ours came down to relays. One of theirs DQd and then we stole a 15-18 girls one which was the difference. Weren’t supposed to win the meet at all and somehow we did. I’m saying it was the weather that helped

• Like 2

4 hours ago, H2O said:

Ours came down to relays. One of theirs DQd and then we stole a 15-18 girls one which was the difference. Weren’t supposed to win the meet at all and somehow we did. I’m saying it was the weather that helped

Definitely the weather.

I just checked the NVSL site (stalker), and I think I know which meet was yours. Any meet that comes down to relays and ends like that would be awesome (if you win :lol:)!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Any meet that comes down to relays and ends like that would be awesome (if you win :lol:)!

Went that way with @NorthArlington101 and my meet but unfortunately for my team it was loss but at least he got a win for his team. It was a fun meet but the pool had a bunch of leaves in it and the starting area wouldn’t drain so there was nowhere to put your towels or anything. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Went that way with @NorthArlington101 and my meet but unfortunately for my team it was loss but at least he got a win for his team. It was a fun meet but the pool had a bunch of leaves in it and the starting area wouldn’t drain so there was nowhere to put your towels or anything. 

I hear you. The pool we swam at was littered with leaves, but there’s not much to be done about it, I guess.

Sorry to hear that the relays didn’t go your way, but I suppose losing an exciting meet is better than losing an unexciting meet! :lol:

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m at the underwriting stage for what would be my first house, and while everything should be fine, it still feels nerve wracking. 

Oh that process sucked for when we got our house. The wait felt like an eternity. 

• Like 1

On 6/18/2022 at 10:17 PM, SnowenOutThere said:

Are you insulting my pool! It deserves it... not a great place for a competitive meet.

@SnowenOutTherehas gotten quite fast, thankfully our team has a really strong talent in the age group. Our boys managed to hold him off, but it was a close meet, lots of fun.

• Like 3

Speaking of swimming, I've got some doubts my team get's its B-meet off tonight. Always storms when we swim this team and this afternoon looks like it won't be the exception.

Unrelated to swimming, my semi-permanent return to this area is set in stone -- will be living in Clarendon for at least the next year or so. In retrospect looking at the economy, probably should have saved some money living at home, but I'll likely have more fun with my roommate for a bit before checking out my finances after a year and seeing if things are sustainable. At least I can pop in at home for the 'rents for the snowstorms where every mile away from I-95 matters.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic