Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Sorry to hear that mappy, hope your symptoms are mild. But welcome to the club! :drunk:

I have a cough that hurts at the top of my chest, but otherwise okay. Feeling terrible for the kid, who is still testing negative, but we presume it will only be a matter of time before she tests positive too. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, mappy said:

I have a cough that hurts at the top of my chest, but otherwise okay. Feeling terrible for the kid, who is still testing negative, but we presume it will only be a matter of time before she tests positive too. 

Anecdotal, but I haven’t known any kids (vaccinated or to young to be) that have had worse than cold symptoms. Hope mapkid avoids it or only has that too! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, mappy said:

Sorry to hear that!  Hopefully it is quick spell for you.  At least Covid in my house got me out of my trip to Austin for work this past week. 

On another note, I join @H2O today  and all others in the 50 club.  :-)

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Sorry to hear that!  Hopefully it is quick spell for you.  At least Covid in my house got me out of my trip to Austin for work this past week. 

Happy birthday to you! 
And thank you, I am waiting for an appointment for the state per their test to treat program, so I’ll be okay. Just heartbroken for my kid who will miss her dance recital she has been working so hard to prepare for. Lots of tears this morning. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

Happy birthday to you! 
And thank you, I am waiting for an appointment for the state per their test to treat program, so I’ll be okay. Just heartbroken for my kid who will miss her dance recital she has been working so hard to prepare for. Lots of tears this morning. 

I totally get that.  Sometimes  our children can't understand and since she has been working for months to prepare for this one day.  When all is clear, you should get some of her dance classmates and have your own little backyard recital. :-)

5 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

I totally get that.  Sometimes  our children can't understand and since she has been working for months to prepare for this one day.  When all is clear, you should get some of her dance classmates and have your own little backyard recital. :-)

Her dance studio is already on top of it, the director reached out and said they are going to plan a small show with her Company dancers so she can dance. Just for her. To say I am touched is an understatement. We’ve found quite a family at the studio. 

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

Her dance studio is already on top of it, the director reached out and said they are going to plan a small show with her Company dancers so she can dance. Just for her. To say I am touched is an understatement. We’ve found quite a family at the studio. 

Aw, that's lovely of them, mappy. I hope you feel better asap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I was sick for two weeks with a dry cough and sinus congestion, no fever. I lost my smell and taste about two days into it. I'm still coughing some and nose is clear. My smell is coming back very slowly. Weirdest virual infection I've had. I never felt that bad but felt weird like a hangover. I test negative the entire time. I got it from my girlfriends kids. They had the exact symptoms and negative test. I think it's a new strain.

9 minutes ago, Kay said:

Aw, that's lovely of them, mappy. I hope you feel better asap.

It’s amazing of them. I just feel bad, I know it causes them to adjust every dance she is in, at the last minute. I hate what this does for everyone else. 

Just now, dailylurker said:

I was sick for two weeks with a dry cough and sinus congestion, no fever. I lost my smell and taste about two days into it. I'm still coughing some and nose is clear. My smell is coming back very slowly. Weirdest virual infection I've had. I never felt that bad but felt weird like a hangover. I test negative the entire time. I got it from my girlfriends kids. They had the exact symptoms and negative test. I think it's a new strain.

I’m congested and tired. No fever, can smell/taste. The cough is the biggest thing, just hurts at the top of my chest. I noticed it as soon as I woke up, coughed and I knew it wasn’t good. I spoke with someone through the University of Maryland medical system and have an appointment later this morning to get some early treatment. I’ll be okay. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mappy said:

It’s amazing of them. I just feel bad, I know it causes them to adjust every dance she is in, at the last minute. I hate what this does for everyone else.

I hear you, that sucks. Most especially for your family. I bet there will be a lot of heart and a lot of joy for all in that make-up show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mappy said:

I’m congested and tired. No fever, can smell/taste. The cough is the biggest thing, just hurts at the top of my chest. I noticed it as soon as I woke up, coughed and I knew it wasn’t good. I spoke with someone through the University of Maryland medical system and have an appointment later this morning to get some early treatment. I’ll be okay. 

I hope that how you feel is the worst of it. Hopefully you can get something that helps the cough and anything else you are dealing with or might deal with. 

Im so sorry it prevented the kid from doing the show. You had hoped to be able to get thru today in the clear. I know you both are upset by this and the timing. What the dance people offered to do for her and you is so touching. That will help her and you heal. 

It tough to understand why stuff happens but all you can do is take this setback and find a path forward that will let her be the best she can be and show off what skills she has. 

Feel better!!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Happy bday to you!  Just know that 50 is the start of the better half of things. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, H2O said:

I hope that how you feel is the worst of it. Hopefully you can get something that helps the cough and anything else you are dealing with or might deal with. 

Im so sorry it prevented the kid from doing the show. You had hoped to be able to get thru today in the clear. I know you both are upset by this and the timing. What the dance people offered to do for her and you is so touching. That will help her and you heal. 

It tough to understand why stuff happens but all you can do is take this setback and find a path forward that will let her be the best she can be and show off what skills she has. 

Feel better!!

Thank you friend. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic