Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Banter 2022

George BM

30 minutes ago, snowfan said:

Biked Reston to Purcellville and back this morning. The wooded sections of the WO&D west of leesburg were trashed with tree debris presumably from this weeks storms. 

They made a post on FB yesterday that the section of trail between Leesburg and Ivermere Dr had 50 fallen trees and took 24 hours to fully reopen the trail after Thursdays storms.  Supposedly some of the worst damage ever recorded.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RIC_WX said:

They made a post on FB yesterday that the section of trail between Leesburg and Ivermere Dr had 50 fallen trees and took 24 hours to fully reopen the trail after Thursdays storms.  Supposedly some of the worst damage ever recorded.

Thanks for sharing. I looked on their instagram feed and didn’t see anything. Not surprised at the 50 tree number based on what I observed.

Great. Corona, monkeypox, aliens and now rabid Wil E Coyote 

We live in a post apocalyptic hellscape that plays like an Xbox game. Just need zombies next. But we might already have them. Teens on Tik Tok are coming for our brains because theirs have rotted away. 

This PSA brought to you by a grumpy old man and your local prune growers

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

55 minutes ago, mappy said:

My husband has Covid. Kid and I testing negative. He’s on paxlovid so hoping he is okay and we stay negative. Weeeeeeeeeeeee

I'll be curious to hear how your hubby fares using the paxlovid.  If you don't mind me asking, is he vaxed?  My 91 year old father is unvaxed and if he catches covid, I'm worried his only hope is paxlovid, though, of course, he wants ivermectin.

The new normal sucks.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'll be curious to hear how your hubby fares using the paxlovid.  If you don't mind me asking, is he vaxed?  My 91 year old father is unvaxed and if he catches covid, I'm worried his only hope is paxlovid, though, of course, he wants ivermectin.

The new normal sucks.

He is vaxxed and boosted. So far it’s very mild, loss of smell/taste, some congestion and mild body aches. No fever. He’s still asleep so will see how he feels compared to yesterday and two doses of the meds. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Get well soon Maphubs! I haven’t known anyone yet with mild symptoms to get paxlovid so I’m interested to hear how it goes. 

Thanks friend. He has some other underlying conditions so was good for him to take it and help limit severity 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, mappy said:

Thanks friend. He has some other underlying conditions so was good for him to take it and help limit severity 

Good luck Mappy.  Hope your hubby has a quick recovery.  

I tested positive last Dec 20th with only mild symptoms.  Was 2 days after my 60th birthday, which allowed the doctor to prescribe me to receive the antibody infusion.  This was before Paxlovid was available (I think).  Was one of 26 people in FFCO who received the infusion that day and only got it because I was 60+.  Within a few hours I could tell it was working and within 3 days I was asymptomatic.  Was pretty amazing - in a good way.  I was vax'ed, which likely helped reduce the severity.  However, getting the antibody infusion reset the clock to get boosted.   

Best of luck...   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, RDM said:

Good luck Mappy.  Hope your hubby has a quick recovery.  

I tested positive last Dec 20th with only mild symptoms.  Was 2 days after my 60th birthday, which allowed the doctor to prescribe me to receive the antibody infusion.  This was before Paxlovid was available (I think).  Was one of 26 people in FFCO who received the infusion that day and only got it because I was 60+.  Within a few hours I could tell it was working and within 3 days I was asymptomatic.  Was pretty amazing - in a good way.  I was vax'ed, which likely helped reduce the severity.  However, getting the antibody infusion reset the clock to get boosted.   

Best of luck...   

thank you! Glad that treatment helped you! 

4 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Euro remains insistent that Saturday is a dud.  GFS clears out the rain early in the day.

We have swim team time trials starting at 9:00 am on Saturday, so it looks like we’ll be swimming in the rain as long as there’s no thunder.

Wouldn’t mind this thing being a dud since I’ve had over 2” of rain in the last two weeks, but I understand that others who are suffering from the drought would like some steady rains.

24 minutes ago, mattie g said:

We have swim team time trials starting at 9:00 am on Saturday, so it looks like we’ll be swimming in the rain as long as there’s no thunder.

Wouldn’t mind this thing being a dud since I’ve had over 2” of rain in the last two weeks, but I understand that others who are suffering from the drought would like some steady rains.

The drought is real.  Thoughts and prayers to them.

I'm def not looking forward to our time trials in the rain buuuuuut I'll take that over 90+.  Mainly the hassle will be having to put up a lot of tents to try and keep most of us from getting drenched.  It won't matter to me.  I'll get soaked just from having to run around with time cards and all that.

6 hours ago, mappy said:

My husband has Covid. Kid and I testing negative. He’s on paxlovid so hoping he is okay and we stay negative. Weeeeeeeeeeeee

Sorry to hear that!  My daughter tested positive on Sunday, but is fine now.  She is able to go back to school Friday, but will also have to go back next week to catch up/practice for a presentation she has for SkillsUSA.  Her team won the gold medal in billboard design for the state of Maryland and is going to the National competition in Atlanta the week of 6/20. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Sorry to hear that!  My daughter tested positive on Sunday, but is fine now.  She is able to go back to school Friday, but will also have to go back next week to catch up/practice for a presentation she has for SkillsUSA.  Her team won the gold medal in billboard design for the state of Maryland and is going to the National competition in Atlanta the week of 6/20. 

Thank you! Glad your daughter is feeling better, good luck to her! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

Need moar rain

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, H2O said:

The drought is real.  Thoughts and prayers to them.

I'm def not looking forward to our time trials in the rain buuuuuut I'll take that over 90+.  Mainly the hassle will be having to put up a lot of tents to try and keep most of us from getting drenched.  It won't matter to me.  I'll get soaked just from having to run around with time cards and all that.

Hoping it’s just some showers on Saturday, but we’re still planning to put up canopies so the time cards can actually be written on and are legible.

My main concern now is just the kids staying warm. I probably should t worry, but I’m a softie.

3 hours ago, mattie g said:

Hoping it’s just some showers on Saturday, but we’re still planning to put up canopies so the time cards can actually be written on and are legible.

My main concern now is just the kids staying warm. I probably should t worry, but I’m a softie.

Rain chances here have dropped

On 6/8/2022 at 7:11 AM, mappy said:

Aaand I’m positive this morning. Kid misses her dance recital. I hate everything 

• Sad 5

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic