• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2022

George BM

70/69, Moderate Rain.  DCA has 1.08" through 12:27 for this evening event.  I'm on the eastern edge of the max swath, but still did pretty well.  ~1.5-1.75" range in the last few hours.  Nothing torrential though.  I'm in a basement apt susceptible to flooding, and it wasn't close to an issue.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, IronTy said:

Yeah, Junes like 2012 really shifted the mindset.   I mean we even had our fireplace going last weekend.  I haven't done that in at least a decade during June.  Not complaining, just seems abnormal after all the years of heat and humidity.

And to be fair, it's not like this is early June, July is a week away.  

Exactly a year ago from today (June 23), I was at Breezy Point wearing a coat it was so chilly. We can do good weather in late June too. B)

Milder summers, milder winters (without snow) what more could someone want? ;)

I mean think about it for a minute.

Other places you really have to worry about losing your home to a tornado, landslide, earthquake, wildfire, avalanche, softball sized hail, widespread PDS events.  Sure in certain places flash flooding and perhaps twice a century tropical.  But this area is a bona fide natural disaster free zone!  Our insurance rates should be cheaper.

Most of the weather impact events in this area are more of inconvenient; i.e. loss of power.  If you've ever been in the bullseye of pulse severe, you know that can be a wild ride too.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic