Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

I know expectations have shifted, but we are above normal at all three airports for June and just came off of a tie for the highest temperature at DCA since 2016.

i wouldn't have guessed it and most of the people i've talked to have reiterated the same...that this feels like a cool start to the season so far.  We have had some hot days, but it feels like the base state is inconsistent, if anything.  I'll just say I've enjoyed June's weather more so than the previous 6-7 months.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IronTy said:

Man this is shaping up to be a year without a summer.   I'm not complaining, the temps have been great.  It is really dry in my are and bushes are starting to wilt.  Hopefully the storms produce this evening.  

Expecting epic triple-digit heat in June is like expecting snow in December around here. June isn’t supposed to be super hot and often has nice weather. I think people forget that after some anomalous hot ones in the last decade.

4 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

I know expectations have shifted, but we are above normal at all three airports for June and just came off of a tie for the highest temperature at DCA since 2016.

Frog in the pot of water…frog in the pot of water.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

Expecting epic triple-digit heat in June is like expecting snow in December around here. June isn’t supposed to be super hot and often has nice weather. I think people forget that after some anomalous hot ones in the last decade.

Yeah, Junes like 2012 really shifted the mindset.   I mean we even had our fireplace going last weekend.  I haven't done that in at least a decade during June.  Not complaining, just seems abnormal after all the years of heat and humidity.

And to be fair, it's not like this is early June, July is a week away.  

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

4 hours ago, 87storms said:

i wouldn't have guessed it and most of the people i've talked to have reiterated the same...that this feels like a cool start to the season so far.  We have had some hot days, but it feels like the base state is inconsistent, if anything.  I'll just say I've enjoyed June's weather more so than the previous 6-7 months.

I haven't looked lately but in recent years a lot of the above average anomalies were the nightime temps.   So while on paper we were above average that was mostly at night when we are sleeping.  That might not be the case this year, not sure.  All I know is I'm able to go outside after work in jeans and a long sleeve FR shirt and not sweat which hasn't been the case much recently.   Now if it would just translate into a colder and wetter normal January...

I was at terrapin on Kent Island when the initial part of that N-S training band hit. Got soaked. Drove out of it heading home, and now looking at radar and see that area continues to get it pretty good.

Meanwhile 0.38" here at home. Honestly wasn't expecting anything here before tonight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rhino16 said:

There some siren that always goes off randomly, no idea what it is for. It’s the same one they use for Tornado warnings, but I don’t see any of those active. Wonder what it’s for.

Could it be a volunteer fire dept? I know small towns use it to summon the volunteers back for calls. Or a weekly test of sorts?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic