Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2022

George BM

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

As ever, a pretty big discrepancy for precip forecasts tomorrow-Thursday. Euro is the driest and GFS the wettest.

Heaviest rain looks to occur along the N-S lying stationary front, which seems to favor central PA into C MD and N VA based on latest guidance. Still uncertain exactly where that front will be and how it interacts with the upper low off the coast. 

WPC has central MD including DC in a slight risk for excessive rain D2.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

48 tied low record at IAD. So in 48 hours we had record setting/tying  high temps then low temps. 

I think BWI claimed 51, and I see the record at 52 (in 2005).
edit: And I noticed similar, (but not close to 48 hrs),  in 1954, when the record min hit 48 on the 19th and the record max hit 99 on the 26th. 

more: 1954 also still holding several heat records in July, Sept, Oct. including 102 on July 31.
Leading to a rather snowless winter and cool March. Sound familiar? Ugh.

5 hours ago, GramaxRefugee said:

I think BWI claimed 51, and I see the record at 52 (in 2005).
edit: And I noticed similar, (but not close to 48 hrs),  in 1954, when the record min hit 48 on the 19th and the record max hit 99 on the 26th. 

more: 1954 also still holding several heat records in July, Sept, Oct. including 102 on July 31.
Leading to a rather snowless winter and cool March. Sound familiar? Ugh.

Super impressive transition from record hot to record cool

i am not despondent about the winter signals so far 

7 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

As ever, a pretty big discrepancy for precip forecasts tomorrow-Thursday. Euro is the driest and GFS the wettest.

5 hours ago, CAPE said:

Heaviest rain looks to occur along the N-S lying stationary front, which seems to favor central PA into C MD and N VA based on latest guidance. Still uncertain exactly where that front will be and how it interacts with the upper low off the coast. 

WPC has central MD including DC in a slight risk for excessive rain D2.

Euro joined the party at 12z. 0.5-1.5” across the subforum, except less toward RIC. Icon now the driest.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Last week’s euro had temps of 102-106 across the area Tuesday - Thursday this week. 

Wow

That first of June torrid streak 2011 (I think) they did hit in advance but departing highs just aren’t setting up over Bermuda so far.  They are weak also, not 30.30+ that nothing can budge for long time. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Wow

That first of June torrid streak 2011 (I think) they did hit in advance but departing highs just aren’t setting up over Bermuda so far.  They are weak also, not 30.30+ that nothing can budge for long time. 

I'll never forget that week. It was gnarly being outside. I was working at a summer sailing camp on the Potomac and we were gathering kids up and spraying them down (and ourselves) with the boat washing hoses to keep cool. 

54 minutes ago, IronTy said:

Man this is shaping up to be a year without a summer.   I'm not complaining, the temps have been great.  It is really dry in my are and bushes are starting to wilt.  Hopefully the storms produce this evening.  

I know expectations have shifted, but we are above normal at all three airports for June and just came off of a tie for the highest temperature at DCA since 2016.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

I know expectations have shifted, but we are above normal at all three airports for June and just came off of a tie for the highest temperature at DCA since 2016.

And we aren't even to the climo hottest period of the year yet. We will torch in all likelihood - at least for a period and more likely for a long period sometime during July to early September. 

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic