Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2022

George BM

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

BWI at least ties the record at 96°. All three terminals busted warm. It's the one thing we do well.

The reason I mentioned the records this morning was that the conditions were perfect to overperform, especially at DCA.  Dry, mid-day frontal passage with downslope winds?  Torch.

23 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The reason I mentioned the records this morning was that the conditions were perfect to overperform, especially at DCA.  Dry, mid-day frontal passage with downslope winds?  Torch.

Strong west winds and inversion in the morning helped

27 minutes ago, high risk said:

Just got an isolated, brief, unexpected downpour in southern Howard County.

Seems like the front is right through the area right now - 18z analysis had it into the northern parts of Maryland. Guessing that is what's triggering a few showers?

55 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Seems like the front is right through the area right now - 18z analysis had it into the northern parts of Maryland. Guessing that is what's triggering a few showers?

Definitely.    They're fighting the dry air from downscoping, and frontal convergence is weak, but there is likely just enough forcing along the front to get these isolated small showers.     The main show is further south, where the long-lived MCS is moving into central/southern VA.

3 minutes ago, high risk said:

Definitely.    They're fighting the dry air from downscoping, and frontal convergence is weak, but there is likely just enough forcing along the front to get these isolated small showers.     The main show is further south, where the long-lived MCS is moving into central/southern VA.

Seems like areas even as far north as I-66 and US-50 might get some activity. Little thing near the beltway in Fairfax on radar. Visible satellite has some agitated clouds up my way as well but I think it'll just stay clouds and no precip up our way. 

8 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Seems like areas even as far north as I-66 and US-50 might get some activity. Little thing near the beltway in Fairfax on radar. Visible satellite has some agitated clouds up my way as well but I think it'll just stay clouds and no precip up our way. 

Actually seems like DC proper is going to get some shower activity to cool them down! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WEATHER53 said:

Drying out westerly winds really amazing in peak seasonal sunshine

It will be fun to watch the rapid temp drop post sunset 

From 90 at 8 to 80 at 10 to 70 by midnight to 60 by 4am to 55 for a low at BWI. 

Has refreshed a lot

88 at 8 so C+ on that call and 81 at 10 so A on that for BWI 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic