Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2022

George BM

1 minute ago, midatlanticweather said:

GFS Ridge looks terrible next week! Hoping things do not get this bad, but I have felt we have been lucky so far and that the luck will run out for later June and July. 

I can't wait for the heat. My tomatoes aren't liking this cool weather.

1 hour ago, understudyhero said:

Does anyone have reliable observations from Haymarket for today?

Weather Underground insisted it was 100 degrees real (114 feels like) for over an hour today which was significantly hotter than other sites.

That sounds like a station that does not have good ventilation.  Given the 92 at IAD, the 91 at Manassas, and a 92 at one of the other Haymarket PWSs, I think 92 is a good number for today.

• Thanks 1

After the frontal passage on Friday, looks like a bit of a blocking pattern sets up for the weekend into next week. The weekend looks outstanding with high temps around 80 and lows in the 50s. This seems to be a recurring theme so far for late Spring/early summer. Hopefully it keeps repeating.

eps_z500a_namer_22.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

Fascinating that my area may go the whole day and not see a drop of rain...goes to show how unpredictable these summer storms can be. Meh time to go water 

I missed everything over the weekend when heavy rain wording was in the forecast. Watered everything Sunday evening, then got a heavy shower early yesterday morning when there was a 20% chance. The nature of how we rain in Summer. You just hope to not be in one of the locations that constantly misses. Under an inch here over the last 2 weeks. Could use a deluge sometime this week before the pattern shifts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I missed everything over the weekend when heavy rain wording was in the forecast. Watered everything Sunday evening, then got a heavy shower early yesterday morning when there was a 20% chance. The nature of how we rain in Summer. You just hope to not be in one of the locations that constantly misses. Under an inch here over the last 2 weeks. Could use a deluge sometime this week before the pattern shifts.

Yeah fortunately my little bubble has had a fairly consistent mother nature watering, although severe seems to have a real problem coming through here probably some mountain and valley bs that causes that. I honestly was looking forward to a dumping this morning so seeing the radar split and then dry up is a tad disappointing but what can you do other than complain :) on to the next chance i suppose.

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic