Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June Discobs 2022

George BM

• mappy pinned this topic

I just finished mowing this morning. Nothing makes me happier than to see the grass go brown and dormant. Because I know it’ll turn plush and green in October, followed again by weekly mowing and then add in the falling leaves just to add insult to injury. I enjoy the few weeks off from mowing during July and August during those summers when it gets hot and rains become sparse. 

21 minutes ago, Herb@MAWS said:

I just finished mowing this morning. Nothing makes me happier then to see the grass go brown and dormant. Because I know it’ll turn plush and green in October, followed again by weekly mowing and then add in the falling leaves just to add insult to injury. I enjoy the few weeks off from mowing during July and August when it gets hot and rains become sparse. 

I bought one of these Robotic Lawn Mower | Husqvarna US this spring. Best money I've ever spent! 

Obs: Its hooooooooottt. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Stop mowing too short! :P

Everyone likes to "shave" their grass and then when the big heat and dry ness come in July/August their cherished lawns resemble coco mats.  Never understood this.

Next mow is going to be the one at max height!

DCA: 94

BWI: 93

IAD: 92

At least we aren't overshooting the forecasts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

Whew it's a hot one, up to 87

Ocean City hit 91 yesterday, never went below 75 last night, and was already 84 by 9 am.  Then the wind shifted to the NE and BAM it's mostly cloudy and 68!

Wow that sounds terrible. Nothing worse than overcast and mid 60s at the beach.

22 hours ago, Stormfly said:

Stop mowing too short! :P

Everyone likes to "shave" their grass and then when the big heat and dry ness come in July/August their cherished lawns resemble coco mats.  Never understood this.

Exactly. I mow the grass to 4". It is tall fescue after all, plus it is a cool season variety. Even so it is a losing battle through the summer with all the trees plus soil that is very well drained.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic