117 PM EDT Tue Jun 14 2022

OHZ040-041-049-050-059-PAZ007-013-014-020>022-029-031-073-075-
WVZ001>004-021-509-150200-
/O.NEW.KPBZ.HT.Y.0001.220615T1500Z-220616T0100Z/
Carroll-Columbiana-Harrison-Jefferson OH-Belmont-Mercer-Lawrence-
Butler-Beaver-Allegheny-Armstrong-Washington-Greene-Westmoreland-
Fayette-Hancock-Brooke-Ohio-Marshall-Marion-Monongalia-
Including the cities of East Liverpool, Hermitage, Grove City,
Ford City, New Kensington, Greensburg, Sharon, Cadiz, St.
Clairsville, Beaver Falls, Moundsville, Ambridge, Follansbee,
Ellwood City, Washington, Wheeling, Latrobe, Wellsburg, Butler,
Kittanning, Steubenville, Carrollton, Malvern, Monessen,
Uniontown, Morgantown, Canonsburg, Fairmont, Lower Burrell,
Waynesburg, Murrysville, New Castle, Weirton, Columbiana, Martins
Ferry, Salem, Monaca, Pittsburgh Metro Area, and Aliquippa
117 PM EDT Tue Jun 14 2022

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM TO 9 PM EDT WEDNESDAY...

* WHAT...Heat index values up to 104 expected.

* WHERE...Portions of east central Ohio. Portions of northwest,
  southwest, and western Pennsylvania. Portions of northern and the
  northern panhandle of West Virginia.

* WHEN...From 11 AM to 9 PM EDT Wednesday.

* IMPACTS...Hot temperatures and high humidity may cause heat
  illnesses.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of
the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors.

&&

$$

1 hour ago, Ahoff said:

That's going to be some nasty humidity.

It's coming. Heat index up to 113F at the John Glenn International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. Crazy gradient there in central and southeast Ohio along I-70. The current heat index in Zanesville, Ohio, 50 minutes from the airport, is 80F.

11 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

It's coming. Heat index up to 113F at the John Glenn International Airport in Columbus, Ohio. Crazy gradient there in central and southeast Ohio along I-70. The current heat index in Zanesville, Ohio, 50 minutes from the airport, is 80F.

Yikes, that dewpoint at CMH is 82.

15 hours ago, TimB said:

Yikes, that dewpoint at CMH is 82.

Yeah whether we actually hit 90, those dewpoint numbers will make it pretty unbearable to be outside other than immersed in the swimming pool. I'll be interested to see how the severe threat sets up tomorrow afternoon / evening. Still some uncertainty per NWS which trigger is most likely to set things off. Looks like a pretty pleasant weekend on tap.

• Like 1

1pm temperature is 88 dew point 76, 99 heat index.  Crazy.

I do have a question, though.  The humidity is crazy high, and usually very humid days can cap temperatures here below 90.  Looks like we'll make it to at least 90 today.  Why would we be able to get to 90 with such high humidity today, is it just that the airmass is such a hot one?  I imagine with lower humidity we'd probably easily see 95 today.

6 hours ago, RitualOfTheTrout said:

Yeah whether we actually hit 90, those dewpoint numbers will make it pretty unbearable to be outside other than immersed in the swimming pool. I'll be interested to see how the severe threat sets up tomorrow afternoon / evening. Still some uncertainty per NWS which trigger is most likely to set things off. Looks like a pretty pleasant weekend on tap.

This went ENH for our area with the latest SPC D2 outlook.

• Like 1

Voltage coming into my house is 113V.  All the heat and ACs working overtime are putting the grid through its paces for sure.  Probably going to check the run cap on the AC unit this weekend to make sure it isn't bulging now.  Felt like I was back in GA or visiting Florida with my fogged sunglasses, haha!

Oh, check out what the atmosphere looks like on the NEXRAD.  It's so humid, looks like waves! https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=PBZ-N0Q-1-6-100-usa-rad

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, donyewest said:

Voltage coming into my house is 113V.  All the heat and ACs working overtime are putting the grid through its paces for sure.  Probably going to check the run cap on the AC unit this weekend to make sure it isn't bulging now.  Felt like I was back in GA or visiting Florida with my fogged sunglasses, haha!

Oh, check out what the atmosphere looks like on the NEXRAD.  It's so humid, looks like waves! https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/index.php?parms=PBZ-N0Q-1-6-100-usa-rad

Definitely having these temps and a dew point peaking at 76 feel very Florida like today.

I think there’s quite a bit of question if our low of 74 holds through midnight, but if it does, it’d be only the second time since records started being kept at the airport that a low of 74 has been recorded this early in the season (6/8/08 had a low of 75).

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, TimB said:

I think there’s quite a bit of question if our low of 74 holds through midnight, but if it does, it’d be only the second time since records started being kept at the airport that a low of 74 has been recorded this early in the season (6/8/08 had a low of 75).

I'd be shocked if it did.

84 for the 10am temp.  Hot.

6 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Looking at the HRRR and RAP they aren’t really showing much if any convective development this afternoon.

Hires NAM shows it a bit more, but all of the models show a very broken line and large breaks right over us. 

The very large hail threat is honestly the most concerning to me, as the SPC seems to want to center that on our area.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TimB said:

The very large hail threat is honestly the most concerning to me, as the SPC seems to want to center that on our area.

Crud, I don't like that at all.

I do think it's interesting that the primary model I can find that's highlighting where the elevated SPC threat is today is the WRF-NSSL.  The FV3 is NE of even me here in Butler.  Though, the SPC discussion does say these will be convective storms stirred up by Lake Erie breezes, might be why some of the models w/out convective allowing aren't showing much.

37 minutes ago, KPITSnow said:

Looking at the HRRR and RAP they aren’t really showing much if any convective development this afternoon.

Hires NAM shows it a bit more, but all of the models show a very broken line and large breaks right over us. 

I wonder if being on the western and southern edge of the enhanced risk gives us a chance to escape the worst of the storms and they blow up to our east?