• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

Out of curiosity, I checked today's 12z model 2m temp progs for Rockford for today (away from any lake influence), and they were all underdone by anywhere from 2 to 8 degrees or so.  I looked at like a dozen models, from globals to hi-res stuff, and nothing had them getting to 91.  

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Out of curiosity, I checked today's 12z model 2m temp progs for Rockford for today (away from any lake influence), and they were all underdone by anywhere from 2 to 8 degrees or so.  I looked at like a dozen models, from globals to hi-res stuff, and nothing had them getting to 91.  

And with that high of 91 at RFD today...

90°+ day tally for the year...

13 - MDW
13 - RFD
9 - Current Home
9 - Ex-Home
7 - ORD

An area of showers to the west and south has produced an area of cloudiness which has overspread my area today.  The recent pattern has been almost 100% sun for many days, so today's cloudy sky is a nice break.

Models are mixed regarding the possible storm action late tonight into Saturday morning.  I sure hope it doesn't bust because this is the only chance for another week.

This is the 3rd day in a row with blues skies, pretty much the best wx during the year here. Temps are just perfect keeping things comfy at 88F for a high with modest lows/low DP so things don't become too oppressive. TWN forecasting another 34C/93F high with some humidity tomorrow which is kind of wild. Can we turn this into another infamous week like June 2020 featured?

• Like 1

My area got hit hard overnight.  My 2.38" makes my yard one of the drier locations.  There are many stations to the south and northeast reporting 3-4", with 5+" just southeast of Cedar Rapids.  We also received several hours of lightning and thunder (a few of those hours were only distant lightning and light rumbles).  The final cell this morning produced the best lightning and thunder of the last couple years.

• Like 2

The current activity (last night/today) in the region, and then a potentially more widespread wetter/active period on the way for early July should keep the drought in check for many (Not all) areas.

I’ll have a bit more info in the summer thread later today.

• Like 8

Hope this stuff lingering into afternoon doesn't screw things up later, as what has fallen so far here is not enough to be more than marginally beneficial anyway.  Quite possible it's the last chance of rain until July.  I do agree with Chi Storm that we are likely going to enter a regime with more regular precip chances next month, but precise placement of those is anyone's guess. 

Very very screwed north of I-90 and east of Lake Michigan even into July.   This endless parade of weak-ass fronts that only shunt the moisture south without producing anything isn't going to cut it.  Every single goddamn MCS dies when it hits Michigan, day or night.  WTF?  Is this climate change?  

3 hours ago, frostfern said:

Very very screwed north of I-90 and east of Lake Michigan even into July.   This endless parade of weak-ass fronts that only shunt the moisture south without producing anything isn't going to cut it.  Every single goddamn MCS dies when it hits Michigan, day or night.  WTF?  Is this climate change?  

Happens to us in Indy all the time too. Sucks

Today's nearly 2" put us up to 4.12" for June.  The dry period over the past 15+ days really didn't have much impact on the area corn crop.  Most fields the corn is already waist high.  Think with today's precip the area's crops are ensured to be about as good as they can be unless locusts or hail strike later this summer lol.

• Like 2

Had a noisy storm roll through around 3-4 AM. Although it woke me, it was music too my ears. I actually got up and watched it for a few minutes. Unfortunately, it only dropped four tenths, which is not enough to be a drought buster, but at least I won't have to water my garden for a couple of days.

• Like 2

I was suppose to get light showers this morning and then chance of storms later on, I woke up to sunny breaks and turns out, no rain at all! :lmao::lmao: Temp over-performing too because sunny breaks in the overcast. It would be hilarious if I can get through another heat event without any storms but today I'm getting July 8, 2007 vibes with this overcast and muggy Sun afternoon. A F1 tornado that was photogenic touched down 20 mins away from me and it was also a unicorn Supercell that went due south from the peninsula that brought me the worst hail storm I've ever seen here, including the absurd report of tennis ball sized hail in Harriston. I'm not snoozing on today.