June 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

Record highs

--

RECORD EVENT REPORT  
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILMINGTON OH  
452 PM EDT TUE JUN 14 2022  

..RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE SET AT DAYTON OH  

A RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURE OF 95 WAS SET AT DAYTON OH TODAY.  
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 94 SET IN 1895

--

gaJI8IX_.png

26 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Unfortunately it’s looking like a quick 2-3 day push of heat, before things flatten out.

Large scale pattern not really favorable for cool wx though, so should still be mostly AN in late June with plenty of 80s/90s.  

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Unfortunately it’s looking like a quick 2-3 day push of heat, before things flatten out.

I'm a heat guy. And this seems like a pretty good sustained heat for so early in the season. Seems like we always wait until the 4th to get days on end of clear and hot.

4 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

95 peak temp so far.

Mentioned this yesterday, but I seriously think we approach 104 at MDW next week.  If things get more out of hand, maybe the 106 from 1995 comes into play lol.  But important to point out that I'm not comparing the overall magnitude of next week to 1995, because even in the hotter/upper end scenario of temps ending up similar, the dews won't be as high as they were back then.

1 minute ago, cyclone77 said:

Is Midway surrounded by even more concrete than ORD?  They are usually warmer than ORD but they seem even more warmer than ORD than usual.  Hmm

MDW is a little bit more toward the core of Chicago.  I haven't been around MDW since last year so I don't know if there is anything going on around there.

On 6/14/2022 at 9:49 PM, Hoosier said:

Thursday could be sort of a mini-example of what I was talking about with overperforming warmth on more of a westerly/wsw flow.  Current forecast is 91 at ORD, but it's a drier airmass with pretty good mixing so I could envision it verifying more like 93-94.  But in any case, low 90s with less mugginess is going to feel like relief compared to what we are having now, haha.

yes-nod.gif

23 hours ago, Hoosier said:

99 CMI

Speaking of which, hopefully our friend from Champaign is ok.  Don't remember seeing him around lately.

I’m here, if you were even talking about me :P enjoying this weather. Although, with the miss south this morning, corn is starting to wilt and shrivel around here. It’s been an impressive heatwave in these parts. 

Crazy reversal of weather, cool and wet was the theme until 10 days ago, and now burnt grass and corn parched for water. 

Heatwave #2 next week. Was going to take the boy to the Brookfield zoo next Wednesday, but that’s postponed. 

• Like 1