Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

5 hours ago, Chicago Storm said:

It’s 100°/59° at MDW currently.

Deep mixing today.

Getting widespread 35-45MPH wind gusts now across N IL and S WI.

The 19z DVN sounding showed mixing to 850MB. However the warm nose was mirco sized, so we likely broke through that for much deeper mixing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Only 95 at MLI/DVN, 93 here today.  A forgettable heat wave for this area.  

I have a feeling early next week does better for you.  But I remember you saying something like "100 or bust", so in that case, hmm.  Not sure.

It was a lovely day where I may have had one of the hottest temperatures in several years, 35C :D. It stayed above 34C for 3 hours. My station reported a HI of 45C or 113. Torrid, oppressive, sauna like. Aside from the morning I also didn't have those stupid clouds ruining the day, I could see the wind shift clearly on satellite. TWN isn't in agreement with my temp but shows Windsor ON reaching a humidex of 46. TWN also showed rain starting at 6:30 pm when there was nothing for 100s of miles, then changed it to 7:30 pm, same :lol:. Now its gone as even the clouds all over my region are fading, precip start/stop feature - useful tool! 

4 minutes ago, madwx said:

Up to 1.07” today and 5.02” for June at the house.  With a few more storms to roll through tonight.  We’re trying our hardest to avoid any resurgence of the drought in the next few weeks

Maybe it'll come for me instead.  Missed the rains from the big supercell a couple days ago, probably not gonna get much tonight and then the next several days after look dry.

15 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Maybe it'll come for me instead.  Missed the rains from the big supercell a couple days ago, probably not gonna get much tonight and then the next several days after look dry.

Amarillo by morning, up from San Antone

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Oppressive day but DTW "only" hit 94.

93° on my weather station, which is a 2022 high temp. Also hit 9.7 on the UV index. Year high. The previous UV high was June 3rd. Even though the sun angle is still getting stronger, the humidity impacts how much makes it to the ground.

Records start May 12th 2022

Screenshot_20220615-215327_Tempest.thumb.jpg.527ae945f8911427655865ca5f3a697f.jpgScreenshot_20220615-215333_Tempest.thumb.jpg.2172d74ce29f6d6987e0eed5d5d124ab.jpg

Still 91 at O'Hare.  If today's low of 81 can hold for 4 more hours, it would tie the all-time highest June minimum temp, as well as be the earliest 80+ degree low on record.  It's going to come down to how much convective organization occurs in the near term.  Given potential arrival time, even a matter of minutes could decide it!

45 minutes ago, madwx said:

Up to 1.07” today and 5.02” for June at the house.  With a few more storms to roll through tonight.  We’re trying our hardest to avoid any resurgence of the drought in the next few weeks

It's getting dry on this side of the lake though, as is often the case.  MBY missed most of the heavy rain on Monday and the long term isn't looking good at all.  Weird thing in Michigan in this kind of pattern is only severe storms are NOT constantly drying out over the lake.  In this hot pattern it's hard to get normal old rain without the severe.  Hot dry summer incoming.  Ugh.

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Still 91 at O'Hare.  If today's low of 81 can hold for 4 more hours, it would tie the all-time highest June minimum temp, as well as be the earliest 80+ degree low on record.  It's going to come down to how much convective organization occurs in the near term.  Given potential arrival time, even a matter of minutes could decide it!

It's going to be a close one, but looking to fall just short as of right now.

Getting widespread 35-45MPH wind gusts now across N IL and S WI.

The 19z DVN sounding showed mixing to 850MB. However the warm nose was mirco sized, so we likely broke through that for much deeper mixing.

The 0z DVN sounding had mixing to 800mb.

Given that out this way we mixed out at the surface much more than the DVN area, I'm guessing mixing was to around 750mb around here (If not better?).

ORD fell short by 15 minutes.

It didn't clear MDW until after the cutoff time, so if MDW were the official site, would've had that low temp over 80.  But it doesn't work that way of course.  

Gotta give credit to the models.  Overall, they had the approximate timing of this nailed days ago, and in fact at that time I had mentioned the question being if the low would hold through all of Wednesday and avoid a late spoiler.

Haven't dug into it much yet, but maybe we take another crack at an 80 degree low at ORD this coming Tuesday.  The bigger issue then not being convective/fropa related, but whether there is a 5:35 am dip (or something like that) below 80.

32 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

P&C already has me at 98 next tuesday. 

The raw 00z Euro output had 100-102 in Chicago on Tuesday... and while past performance is not necessarily a predictor, I'd point out that it was actually a bit underdone there with the heat that we just had. 

The raw 00z Euro output had 100-102 in Chicago on Tuesday... and while past performance is not necessarily a predictor, I'd point out that it was actually a bit underdone there with the heat that we just had. 

Unfortunately it’s looking like a quick 2-3 day push of heat, before things flatten out.