Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

9 minutes ago, Torchageddon said:

I was just going to respond the same, yay more acronyms! Never seen NBM either - Numerical Based Models?

I'm up to 29C/84F with a peak a bit higher briefly. Looked stuck around noon so I'm pleased it broke past 27C.

NBM is numerical blend of models or something like that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

So tempted to go full on Alek with an early call of 100 at ORD next week and ride it to the end, but I just don't have the guts.  :(

I think there's a possibility though, with Tuesday being the day to watch.

MKE hits 100 next week.  I'm making the call.

13 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

So tempted to go full on Alek with an early call of 100 at ORD next week and ride it to the end, but I just don't have the guts.  :(

I think there's a possibility though, with Tuesday being the day to watch.

calling a 100 during a summer heat wave has nowhere the cajones or associated shame of calling DAB in winter when models are showing 12-24" several days out. Those calls get torches and pitchforks on your doorstep.

That would be horrifying.  Going into today, didn't think ORD had a chance to get to 99, but to miss triple digits by 1 degree would suck.

98° for a high is impressive after the combination of having nearly 1” of rain yesterday, a low temp this morning of 65° and low to mid 70’s DP’s.

1 hour ago, cyclone77 said:

Today really illustrates how impressive that heat wave was back in mid May.  Today could only match what we achieved a whole month ago.  

That one the extreme humidity didn't make it quite this far north though.  The temperature here is nowhere near record territory, but the dewpoint is getting really close to 80 degrees right now.  It seems the lake breeze is really pooling the steam here.  I have NEVER seen an 80 degree dewpoint before in June.  I might be wrong, but I only recall this kind of humid airmass in July.  As a Michigander this is just incredibly oppressive.  Stepping outside feels like walking into a washcloth run under hot water.  I'm just not built for this.  I don't think I'd survive more than a few hours outside.

• Sad 1