Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June 2022 General Discussion

Hoosier

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

And if there is no MCS tomorrow.

Yeah I agree.  I don't think that would really impact the airmass recovery for Tuesday, but it would be more of a soil moisture problem at that point.  That is certainly the pattern with past 100 degree days in the area.  A tenth or three of rain wouldn't be a big deal going into Tuesday, but a large amount of rain would take away from the max heating potential.  

I kinda hope MDW doesn't hit 100, because if ORD doesn't, then it's almost like it didn't happen.  :lol:

On another note, Tuesday and Wednesday will be our 6th and 7th 90 degree days this year respectively. It is really weird to think about, but we are significantly outpacing every year since 1971 when detailed enough records begin for the number of 90s on or before June 15th. Even years like 2012 "only" had 4 at this point in the summer. In fact the only year that I could see that had 5 or more 90s before June 15th is funnily enough last year with the heat wave during the first two weeks of June. It just feels so weird because in between the warm periods in Mid-May and around Memorial Day it's been really cool. Heck we are running a -6 departure rn at Madison which is bound to change here. What an odd couple of months for temperatures.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Snippet from IND's discussion this afternoon. I didn't realize that it has been 10 years since the area got into the upper 90's.

THE LONG TERM WILL START WITH POSSIBLY THE HOTTEST TEMPERATURES IN 
NEARLY A DECADE ACROSS CENTRAL INDIANA.

At least at IND, the highest temp from 2013 to now is 96 (and that reading was in 2013)

• Like 1

Think we have a great shot at hitting 100 not only Tue, but Wed now as well.  Euro has backed off on the cloud potential Wed for this region, and it could end up being as hot as Tue.  Dews look like they'll only be in the upper 60s/low 70s, which should make the run at 100 more doable.  Tomorrow may have the highest heat index though, with 96-98 type temps, and dews AOA 75.

9 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Think we have a great shot at hitting 100 not only Tue, but Wed now as well.  Euro has backed off on the cloud potential Wed for this region, and it could end up being as hot as Tue.  Dews look like they'll only be in the upper 60s/low 70s, which should make the run at 100 more doable.  Tomorrow may have the highest heat index though, with 96-98 type temps, and dews AOA 75.

Interesting considering my family was cold in the shade at Guaranteed Rate field today. Temps in the 60s with a stiff NE wind. What a difference 48hrs will make here.

18 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Dew has dropped 13 degrees from earlier, down to 59 now.  Very dry air up in northeastern IL with most locations in the 40s.  May dip into the lower 50s here later tonight.  

We could see dews go from the low 50s around sunrise to near 80 by early to mid afternoon.  Incredible change.

I was a little cold when I went out earlier this evening in shorts/t-shirt... temp was in the 50s with a bit of wind.

It's almost hard to believe how big of a change is really just hours away.

This airmass is crazy for the heart of summer, but especially mid-June.

Low this morning of 81 in Paducah KY, which ties the all-time June record warm min (81 on 6/23/2016).

Low this morning of 83 in St. Louis MO, which is an all-time Jume record warm min (82 on 6/25/1988).  And, it's already 86/78/98 at 8 AM.

I'm assuming these mins will hold through midnight...which should be no problem given the capping there.

On 6/11/2022 at 1:17 PM, Hoosier said:

Let's play a game. 

Do we see a 100 degree reading at an ASOS or AWOS site in this sub east of the Mississippi River next week?

Not extremely confident, but I'll say yes.  The most likely place for me would be somewhere in southern/western IL.  Wouldn't 100% rule it out at a notorious warm spot like MDW but my guess is that a 98 or 99 peak is more likely there.

The answer is yes.  100 at Cairo.  And don't give me the bs about 37.7C being 99.9F

KCIR 132055Z AUTO 26009G15KT 10SM CLR 38/22 A2987 RMK AO2 T03770219
  • Haha 1