• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

Another beauty . Went to Surfside beach. 76 and Sunny , then winds went onshore @330pm. 

People on beach were watching what looked to be a seals head about 100 feet offshore for 15 mins as it bobbed side shore , life Guard paddles out goes to grab it , people hold their breath and it’s freakin ball . Lol

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some 75/45 obs from LCI this afternoon… that’s some high quality stuff right there.  Perfect for vaca in NNE… and then get to enjoy a heater tomorrow.  A little mix and match.

Yeah I wish it was warmer lol. But helping my folks out with some work and built up a sweat to take a dip. 
These lake temps remind me of yore.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I wish it was warmer lol. But helping my folks out with some work and built up a sweat to take a dip. 
These lake temps remind me of yore.

What’s current water temps down there?  Have to imagine algae bloom chances are down across NNE waterways so far this summer without the bath water trajectory.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

The winter of 2015 equivalent June. Something to tell the grandkids about.

Hopefully a less confusing month coming up in July too.  A strong correlation has appeared with regards to temperature/weather patterns and confusion emojis on AMWX.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

59F at 9:20pm at the ASOS... the day before a short-lived torch.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  Planning to take an after-work hike in the high heat of mid/upper 80s, then a dip in the river.  Sweat it out, cool it off.  Enjoy the heater days this summer because you know they are short lived and it's back to comfortable warm summer temperatures in the 70s for a week straight after that.

June is over, my weekly (required for where I’m working this summer) PCR test came back positive.   Minimal symptoms so far and hopefully that stays so I can get out of covid jail after Monday. Bad timing and for the life of me I don’t know where I got it....

Beautiful day for sitting in the yard today.   That I can do!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, powderfreak said:

What’s current water temps down there?  Have to imagine algae bloom chances are down across NNE waterways so far this summer without the bath water trajectory.

I think upper 60s near 70 maybe? Way cooler than even last year with all that rain. 

11 hours ago, weathafella said:

June is over, my weekly (required for where I’m working this summer) PCR test came back positive.   Minimal symptoms so far and hopefully that stays so I can get out of covid jail after Monday. Bad timing and for the life of me I don’t know where I got it....

Beautiful day for sitting in the yard today.   That I can do!

Be careful there

That is what my run in with [probably] the Omicron variant was going to be - so I thought.  I had a mild head cold and some mild malaise.  No fever at any time.  But, I could tell something was off so, ... a neighbor, who is a firefighter by trade and had a few of those home test kits, tossed one over the fence for me. 

The bar lit up dark before the indicator strip even made it that far down the length of the thing.  And it was menacing black bar, too - like the device not only was excited for the opportunity to let me know I had it, it delivered the news with an bold exclamation point....  But like I intimated, I was pretty sure I had it - it was more perfunctory. 

Three or so days later the symptoms were gone.  I wanted to rejoin my lifestyle of daily workouts.  I ran 4.5 mi.. usually I do 6, but since I had taken the week off ( first time in 7 years I had gone that long) and I am ... of the age, shall we say, where I my ballz only give so much restorative hormone therapy back to the system... I didn't want to hurt myself...  

The next morning, I had an odd stiffness/soreness manifesting in my knee, which I chalked up to that reasoning above.  So I did the Elliptical machine.  Then the next day...stationary bike.  Time to run again... but the knee was getting more stiff, more sore.  So opted to ride the bike again.  Then it was too much.  Knee locked.  Pain ... pain ...and more of it.  Pain, with a side of pain in the form of migrating down my caff ... into my ankle... then, in between the Tersi of the foot - man..it were as though a chisel was attempting to pry them apart.  Sleep?  nope.  I think I ate 52 Advil spanning the next 6 days where once again I was k'ode and sidelined. 

By D10 I was out of the immobilizer and walking again, though with some lingering discomfort. I could not bend my knee backward more than 90 deg. The whole adventure was pain and a seizing stiffness in every sense of stoppage.  

Turns out... Omicron has a nasty joint residency in a lot of people - as being reported.   The girl that I caught it from, also said that her elbows took a time out for a week.  It's like you get a mild head cold, ...and then later on, you go through some sort of joint attack. It feels like Gout, or Rheumatoid in nature.. but either way, it was crippling.  

I am fine now.  Mobility of the knee is completely restored. In fact, I just ran 5 1/2 miles yesterday with more of hamstring thing - separate matter.  Just getting old... but be on the look out for some sort of inflammatory flair up...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Be careful there

That is what my run in with [probably] the Omicron variant was going to be - so I thought.  I had a mild head cold and some mild malaise.  No fever at any time.  But, I could tell something was off so, ... a neighbor, who is a firefighter by trade and had a few of those home test kits, tossed one over the fence for me. 

The bar lit up dark before the indicator strip even made it that far down the length of the thing.  And it was menacing black bar, too - like the device not only was excited for the opportunity to let me know I had it, it delivered the news with an bold exclamation point....  But like I intimated, I was pretty sure I had it - it was more perfunctory. 

Three or so days later the symptoms were gone.  I wanted to rejoin my lifestyle of daily workouts.  I ran 4.5 mi.. usually I do 6, but since I had taken the week off ( first time in 7 years I had gone that long) and I am ... of the age, shall we say, where I my ballz only give so much restorative hormone therapy back to the system... I didn't want to hurt myself...  

The next morning, I had an odd stiffness/soreness manifesting in my knee, which I chalked up to that reasoning above.  So I did the Elliptical machine.  Then the next day...stationary bike.  Time to run again... but the knee was getting more stiff, more sore.  So opted to ride the bike again.  Then it was too much.  Knee locked.  Pain ... pain ...and more of it.  Pain, with a side of pain in the form of migrating down my caff ... into my ankle... then, in between the Tersi of the foot - man..it were as though a chisel was attempting to pry them apart.  Sleep?  nope.  I think I ate 52 Advil spanning the next 6 days where once again I was k'ode and sidelined. 

By D10 I was out of the immobilizer and walking again, though with some lingering discomfort. I could not bend my knee backward more than 90 deg. The whole adventure was pain and a seizing stiffness in every sense of stoppage.  

Turns out... Omicron has a nasty joint residency in a lot of people - as being reported.   The girl that I caught it from, also said that her elbows took a time out for a week.  It's like you get a mild head cold, ...and then later on, you go through some sort of joint attack. It feels like Gout, or Rheumatoid in nature.. but either way, it was crippling.  

I am fine now.  Mobility of the knee is completely restored. In fact, I just ran 5 1/2 miles yesterday with more of hamstring thing - separate matter.  Just getting old... but be on the look out for some sort of inflammatory flair up...

Interestingly enough, I took a home test after confirmation of covid via pcr-the gold standard-and as of yesterday it was negative.  When the home tests are + you have plenty of virus!  I was a little tired yesterday but feel better and stronger today.  Kind of holding my breath till Monday and if ok at least I’m out of isolation although I’ll need to mask another 5 days.  

Hot today-feels like summer!  After all it’s 7/1!

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Lowest amount of hours with dews of 60F+ in June at CON since 1982.

condewsjun22.png

June of yore.  Lowest amount in my lifetime… it resonates. In the era of AGW, it’s nice to see that the atmosphere can do it.

The late afternoon, early evening minimum really shows the prevalence of the dry mixed flow.  That’s a textbook bar graphic illustrating dry air masses.  Overnight radiating to the dew point and the resulting lag in surface moisture values during the AM as the condensed dew evaporates, then mixing it out dry in the PM.