Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

You are trying too hard when BDL is +0.1 and BOS is -0.2 this month :lol:.

If that’s a furnace, last year was Dante’s Inferno. Salesman to the end.

This has been a June that seems to never happen anymore 

- average. Unremarkably deviating from climate enough to say anything in either direction. It shows in the numbers  … it f felt that way.  Utterly uninspired to the point of laze faire

Maybe drier than normal in whole ? But locally we’re doing okay here. Probably equally as “amazing” 

• Like 2

I was watching the radar before bed and it elicited a dream in which a line of storms EXPLODED moving across SNE. There were dozens of tornado warnings along it. The entire dream is a bit fuzzy but I recall a friend asking to pick me up...I think a bunch of people were going to the beach or something (even know it was at night) and I said sure.  I went to go in the shower but checked the radar and didn't realize how close the line was. I look out the window and lightning was going crazy so I couldn't take a shower. 

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

For some reason I don't recall last June having "big heat" numbers ( >= 95) that often.  

It was what whatever it was ... but what I remember was insane DPs.  I mean, it was 76 to 80 in a heat wave that was held down to 94 here along Rt Poop ...I thought at the time, because the DP was too rich to allow the kinetic temperature to rise any higher without two suns shinin'   ... I had a window AC unit, and my home refrigerator both conk out on me that same 3 day period -so it was 'hitting technology hot'   I'm just wondering if the heat was baked into the DPs more so..

All that water in air was like protectiong from big heat by obnoxiously choking us with thick theta-e.  Nighttime lows were kept redic high because of that same factor.  But imby high temps around here seldom exceeded 93 ..94.  There were in fact a lot 90, an unusual high number of days - so yes ...it was hot.  Not meaning to imply it did not feel that way.  

How many record high temps were actually broken last June?   I wonder how the month on whole compared historically... Could have been a historically hot month packed into the low temps, too.  

Man ...the models just keep doing this.

Suggestions that heat will build east across the continent gains a little traction across two or three model cycles than like last night, ... gone.  Returns right to the back-packing the heat/ridging west and we're the coldest place in the NH, relatively.

We're turning the page into July and it's like that incalcitrant kid that finally shows signs of growing up ... finally!  I mean, now that he/she's 24 years old and has missed the college years, you're hoping it's just a late bloomer thing..  But, sadly you get that call at 4 a.m. They need bail.   Might be time to start admitting your kid's just slated to be a dysfunctional under-achiever in life.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Suggestions that heat will build east across the continent gains a little traction across two or three model cycles than like last night, ... gone.  Returns right to the back-packing the heat/ridging west and we're the coldest place in the NH, relatively.

We're turning the page into July and it's like that incalcitrant kid that finally shows signs of growing up ... finally!  I mean, now that he/she's 24 years old and has missed the college years, you're hoping it's a late bloomer thing..  But, sadly you get that call at 4 a.m. They need bail.   Might be time to start admitting your kid's just slated to be a dysfunction under-achiever in life.   

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

We're turning the page into July and it's like that incalcitrant kid that finally shows signs of growing up ... finally!  I mean, now that he/she's 24 years old and has missed the college years, you're hoping it's just a late bloomer thing..  But, sadly you get that call at 4 a.m. They need bail.   Might be time to start admitting your kid's just slated to be a dysfunctional under-achiever in life.   

Heat queens be queening, temp jack be jacking....me? I'm still smiling....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Heat queens be queening, temp jack be jacking....me? I'm still smiling....

"real" climate happens in the relativity of the numbers though...  And this unrelenting +PNAP ( not "PNA" ... I mean, 'amplified version of the Perennial North American Pattern') basal state, ...in the relative sense, gets balanced by no winter -

;)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

"real" climate happens in the relativity of the numbers though...  And this unrelenting +PNAP ( not "PNA" ... I mean, 'amplified version of the Perennial North American Pattern') basal state, ...in the relative sense, gets balanced by no winter -

;)

I may have to just move to Moose up

• Haha 1