Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t necessarily remember the old Fenway, but wasn’t there a large remodel in the 2000s?  I thought they changed the seats, removed some poles, put the Monster Seats in and other changes.  Don’t know exactly, just thought I remembered some renovation in like 2000-2010 time frame?

They did extensive renovations in the 1990s and early 2000s.   But the basic steel skeleton is still there.  Still a ton of uncomfortable seats that face the wrong way.    It’s better but still awful compared to pretty much any other stadium. They added a music venue over the past year out in right field.  

2 hours ago, mreaves said:

Ironically, FSG has done a tremendous job expanding and improving Anfield, Liverpool's home stadium, while keeping the historic nature.  

One of my favorite tweets regarding john henry

Every time there’s an apology, only to follow-up with another tone-deaf initiative. They don’t get it and never will.
Quote Tweet

kAoQVUL6_mini.jpg

Liverpool FC

@LFC
· Apr 21, 2021
John W Henry's message to Liverpool supporters.

4.5M views
2:15 / 2:28

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

They did extensive renovations in the 1990s and early 2000s.   But the basic steel skeleton is still there.  Still a ton of uncomfortable seats that face the wrong way.    It’s better but still awful compared to pretty much any other stadium. They added a music venue over the past year out in right field.  

Far too many seats do not even face towards home plate.  The sight lines are awful.  No leg room. Tiny seats made for the munchkins. No space for someone to walk down an aisle without every other person  having to stand up to let the person pass by.  Food and beverages have to be passed down the aisles because there is no room for the vendors.   

4 hours ago, dendrite said:

Anyone know when GYX is supposed to come back up? Looks like it's been down for over 2 days

Gear box leak. Hopefully we're all set now. Probably didn't rush the part because the weekend was quiet weather, but it would've been nice to have earlier today.

4 hours ago, Cyclone-68 said:

Still amazes me how many treat Fenway like it’s some kind of ridiculous sacred shrine. Dan Shaughnessy once called it “a lyrical bandbox” What a load of baloney. Build a newer/modern/more comfortable facility already. 

Years ago when the Sox were considering moving into a new facility and the Expos were leaving Montreal, I thought a reasonable solution would be to move the Expos to Boston and have them play in Fenway while the Sox move into larger state-of-art facility.  Expos likely would not have carved away too much of the Sox fanbase and still draw better than they did up north.

49 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

One of my favorite tweets regarding john henry

Every time there’s an apology, only to follow-up with another tone-deaf initiative. They don’t get it and never will.
Quote Tweet

kAoQVUL6_mini.jpg

Liverpool FC

@LFC
· Apr 21, 2021
John W Henry's message to Liverpool supporters.

4.5M views
2:15 / 2:28

As a fan, I'm pretty good with their ownership.  1st EPL title in 30 years, Champion's League title and 2 other UCL finals, FA Cup and League Cup this year.  Could be worse.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, klw said:

Years ago when the Sox were considering moving into a new facility and the Expos were leaving Montreal, I thought a reasonable solution would be to move the Expos to Boston and have them play in Fenway while the Sox move into larger state-of-art facility.  Expos likely would not have carved away too much of the Sox fanbase and still draw better than they did up north.

The compensation the Expos would have had to pay to move into boston's "territory" would have been very expensive. Boston can block any move into their territory. Boston is considered to be a large market team but  Boston  wouldn't have been able to support 2 MLB teams. 

Also when teams share a market it can lead to the MASN situation involving the Nationals and the Orioles....it is quite the mess....

2 minutes ago, mreaves said:

As a fan, I'm pretty good with their ownership.  1st EPL title in 30 years, Champion's League title and 2 other UCL finals, FA Cup and League Cup this year.  Could be worse.

My wife is originally from England ,all of her relatives in england can't stand henry

14 minutes ago, mreaves said:

In the end that’s what matters.  Like the Red Sox, he’s got 4 championships in under 20 years when other ownerships went 86 years without one.

Sure some things make you bang your head against a wall, but as long as they deliver occasional championships that other owners couldn’t, it’s hard to complain.

Most sports fans would take an ownership that wins over one that doesn’t regardless of how likeable they are.

11 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

My wife is originally from England ,all of her relatives in england can't stand henry

To be fair, hey don't like any American ownership..  My cousins over there are more into rugby and my mother grew up a ManU fan.  I came to Liverpool the first year NBC started carrying the EPL.  They had a preseason show featuring Liverpool sort of like Hard Knocks on HBO.  I've liked them ever since but I don't come with the traditional fan baggage.